OnePlus 8T (codename: kebab) launched in October 2020. The phone came out of the box with Android 11. This guide outlines the steps to install the BlissROMs on OnePlus 8T, based on Android 11 R. Taking the help of the Android open-source nature, there’s a lot of custom development going on at this time. Recently we saw the support of Lineage OS 18.1 for a wide range of devices. And now another pretty solid name in the custom ROM community, BlissROMs is expanding its domain. In this regard, the OnePlus 8T has also been added to their list of supported devices for their Android 11 R based ROM.
The OnePlus 8T handset comes with a 6.55-inches Fluid AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ display that offers 1080×2400 pixels resolution quality. It has a 20:9 aspect ratio screen, Always-on display mode, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 support, etc. While the device is equipped with the latest flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, paired with Adreno 650 GPU, 8GB/12GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB of internal storage option.
Table of Contents
BlissROMs for OnePlus 8T
BlissROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community. Apart from that, it has also added some of its own unique features to the ROM. The stable build of this ROM is based on Android 11 and brings with itself all the goodies that the said Android build has. Apart from there, you also get some Bliss exclusive features. Before you check out the steps to install BlissROMs on OnePlus 8T, let us first have a look at new feautres in Android 11.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Now let us check the instructions to install the BlissROMs on your OnePlus 8T.
- OnePlus 8T Stock Firmware collections [Stock ROM flash file]
- Common Problems in OnePlus 8T and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for OnePlus 8T
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on OnePlus 8T (Android 11)
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 8T [Updated]
Steps to Install BlissROMs on OnePlus 8T
Now you are very much acquainted with the features of this custom ROM as well as the Android 11 R. So let’s check out the instructions to install it on OnePlus 8T. But before you do so make sure to go through the requirements section and double-check that your device qualifies all of them.
- Required Drivers: Download OnePlus USB Drivers
- Create a complete backup of your OnePlus 8T before proceeding ahead.
- Download Android SDK and Platform Tools on your PC.
- Next up, your device’s bootloader should also be unlocked. If it isn’t, then take help of our guide to unlocking the bootloader of OnePlus 8T.
- Download the BlissROMs for OnePlus 8T: Download ROM
- The ROM doesn’t come preloaded with Google Apps. For that, you need to flash the GApps Package. So download it right away and transfer it to your device. It is recommended that you download the Nano package.
- Also, download the TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 8T.
- If you want to root as well (optional), then download the latest Magisk zip and Magisk Manager as well.
Instructions to Install BlissROMs on OnePlus 8T
- Place the downloaded recovery (the IMG file) inside the platform-tools folder of Android SDK. On the other hand, move the TWRP zip file to your device. Make sure to rename the recovery zip and image files to just twrp. The complete names will hence be twrp.zip and twrp.img.
- Now boot your device to fastboot mode using the device-specific hardware key combinations. Connect your device to PC via USB cable. Make sure the ROM, GApps file and the TWRP Recovery ZIP file has been transferred to your device.
- Inside the platform-tools folder, type in cmd in the address bar and hit Enter. This should open the Command Prompt. Enter the below code to boot your device to TWRP Recovery:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Once your device boots to TWRP Recovery, perform a full factory reset and wipe the Dalvik Cache as well.
- Go to Install and select the BlissROMs file. Perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Next up, if you wish to retain the TWRP Recovery as well, flash the twrp.zip file.
- Head over to Reboot and tap Recovery. The device will now boot to TWRP Recovery.
- Now head over to Install, select the GApps file and flash it.
- Finally, if you want to root your device, flash the Magisk ZIP file as well (optional).
- Once the files have been flashed, tap on Reboot and select System. Your device will be booted to the newly installed OS! The first boot will take time, so please wait for around 10 minutes.
Inside TWRP, go to Wipe and tap on Factory Reset. This is required since you are coming from the stock firmware. On the other hand, if your device is encrypted, you will have to wipe the Data partition as well. Doing so will wipe your Internal Storage, so make sure to have a backup beforehand.
With that, we conclude this guide on how to install BlissROMs on your OnePlus 8T, based on Android 11. Do share your experiences about this ROM in the comments section below, once you have successfully flashed it. Likewise, there are some handy iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserves your attention.