Chinese smartphone maker Vivo launched the Vivo V9 in the market for a price of Rs 22,999. This new device comes less than four months after the company launched its previous offering, the Vivo V7. The V9 brings an updated design with more powerful internals to make it a serious contender in the mid-range smartphone segment. Regardless of the quality of your smartphone, there will be a time when the hidden options would have to be accessed. One of these options is the recovery mode. There are many advantages to this mode and learning how to enter will be valuable to all Android smartphone users. In this guide, you can enter the Recovery Mode on Vivo V9 with simple instructions on How to do it.
The Vivo V9 features a 6.3-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2280pixels with an aspect ratio of 19:9. It is powered by octa-core 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 processor with 4GB RAM and Adreno 506 GPU which makes this device great for multi-tasking. It also packs a 64GB internal storage capacity which can be extended to 256GB with the use of a microSD card. The Camera on the Vivo V9 packs a Dual 16MP + 5 primary camera on the rear, a led flash and a 24MP front shooter for selfies which is AI enabled.
The Vivo V9 runs on the Android 8.1 Oreo operating system and is powered by a 3260 mAh non-removable battery. The Vivo V9 is a dual SIM smartphone whose SIM tray accepts dual nano-SIMS. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, FM, USB OTG, 3G and 4G networks. The device also has an accelerator, a fingerprint sensor, a proximity sensor, an ambient light sensor and a gyroscope.
- Vivo V9 Waterproof or not?
- Vivo V9 Common Problems and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download latest Vivo USB drivers and installation guide
Entering the recovery mode in Vivo V9 is quite similar across devices. Once you have accessed this mode several actions and operations can be performed in a bid to maintain the device as it offers several options for troubleshooting. These options include the factory reset, cache memory wipe, custom firmware flash, manual installation of updates amongst other options which can only be accessed through the recovery mode. The recovery mode also has an option for backing up your device firmware as a precaution against software crashes. Accessing the recovery mode is an inbuilt function on Android devices so accessing it will not make any warranty the device has the void.
It is good to note that as stated earlier, care must be taken when accessing the recovery mode option. Using these options unwittingly might end up damaging your device beyond repairs.
Boot into Recovery Mode on Vivo V9
Follow the steps below to access the recovery mode on Vivo V9. This method involves using a pattern of keys to access this mode.
- Turn off your device completely using the power button.
- Once your device has turned off completely, press and hold the volume down button and the power button.
- Keep the pressure on these buttons till you are redirected to the recovery mode. Since you are booting into this mode for the first time, a language selection option would be displayed, choose the language best suited to you from the list of options available through the volume buttons and use the power button to confirm.
- Access the options of the recovery mode to troubleshoot the possible problems with your device.
- To exit the recovery mode, tap on reboot and your device will be restarted in the normal mode.
I hope this guide was helpful to boot into Recovery Mode on Vivo V9. If you have any queries please leave a comment below.