Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (codename: prague) launched in January 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Here we will guide on how to download and install Bootleggers ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (codenamed: prague) which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature along with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects.
Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP which brings new custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device. The update is currently live for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 and few other devices. Now you can install the Bootleggers ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 by following our guide given below.
To install Bootleggers ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (prague), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Bootleggers ROM on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Bootleggers ROM.
Table of Contents
What is Bootleggers ROM?
Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on Ground Zero Open Source Project (GZOSP) and brings custom features with the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of “Making you feel like 家”. Using the stability and compatibility of GZOSP, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpaper (Dawn by fxckingdeathwish), ringtones, and fonts, to bring to your device into a more fresh look, also with a selection of icons, header packs, and wallpapers (on ShishuWalls app). Now the ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and brings many new features and customization options to make this ROM unique from many other custom firmware out there.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called Bootleggers ROM. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the Bootleggers ROM focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
- Download crDroid OS on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Resurrection Remix on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 based 9.0 Pie
- List of Best Custom ROM for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (Android 9.0 Pie)
- How to Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Bootleggers ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (prague):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Huawei P8 Lite 2017 [prague]
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- Bootleggers ROM Flashable Zip file: Download
- Download Any Gapps File:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Bootleggers ROM zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Bootleggers ROM on your Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Bootleggers ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (prague).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Bootleggers ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.