Lenovo Zuk Z1 (ham) was launched in August 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Finally, Bootleggers ROM is now available for Zuk Z1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Download and install Bootleggers ROM on Zuk Z1. This ROM is stable and user-friendly with many customization and features.
If you would like to try Bootleggers ROM on Zuk Z1 device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and install the latest Oreo Supported TWRP Recovery on your phone. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Zuk Z1 (ham). So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Bootleggers ROM and its feature.
Table of Contents
What is Bootleggers ROM?
Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on Ground Zero Open Source Project (GZOSP) and brings custom features with the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of “Making you feel like 家”. Using the stability and compatibility of GZOSP, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpaper (Dawn by fxckingdeathwish), ringtones, and fonts, to bring to your device into a more fresh look, also with a selection of icons, header packs, and wallpapers (on ShishuWalls app). Now the ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and brings many new features and customization options to make this ROM unique from many other custom firmware out there.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called Bootleggers ROM. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the Bootleggers ROM focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
Features of Bootleggers ROM:
* ROM Logos * QS Rows and Colums * Scroll on small QS * OmniStyle: Header Images * Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation * Dirty Unicorns Interface (DUI): Fling, Smartbar and Pulse * Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen * Custom Carrier Label * Power Menu Items * AOSP Recents: Membar, Clear All and Inmersive Recents. * Battery LED light settings * Type of notifications: Heads up and Ticker, pick your poison * Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it * AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Lenovo ZUK Z1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Lenovo Zuk Z1 [Updated]
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Lenovo Zuk Z1
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Lenovo Zuk Z1 (Android 9.0 Pie)
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Lenovo Zuk Z1
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you have installed custom ROM before, then you can try this Bootleggers ROM. The ROM is stable and optimized for daily use. Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- New Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM and Gapps Files
How to Install Bootleggers ROM on Zuk Z1:
Before following the guide, make sure you have downloaded the ROM zip file and moved it to the root directory of internal storage.
- This ROM is Supported by Zuk Z1 (ham)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and Install Latest Lenovo USB Drivers.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s SD card or root of Internal storage.
Step to Install Bootleggers ROM on Zuk Z1:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Zuk Z1
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Zuk Z1. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Bootleggers ROM for Zuk Z1.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- DotOS review – List Of Supported Smartphone, Features and Details
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Bootleggers ROM on Zuk Z1. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.