Google Nexus 6P (angler) was launched in September 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. Finally, Bootleggers ROM is now available for Nexus 6P based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Download and install Bootleggers ROM on Nexus 6P. This ROM is stable and user-friendly with many customization and features.
If you would like to try Bootleggers ROM on Nexus 6P device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and install the latest Oreo Supported TWRP Recovery on your phone. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Nexus 6P (angler). So before we dive into the installation process, let's know about the Bootleggers ROM and its feature.
What is Bootleggers ROM?
Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on Ground Zero Open Source Project (GZOSP) and brings custom features with the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of "Making you feel like 家". Using the stability and compatibility of GZOSP, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpaper (Dawn by fxckingdeathwish), ringtones, and fonts, to bring to your device into a more fresh look, also with a selection of icons, header packs, and wallpapers (on ShishuWalls app). Now the ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and brings many new features and customization options to make this ROM unique from many other custom firmware out there.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called Bootleggers ROM. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the Bootleggers ROM focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
Features of Bootleggers ROM:
* ROM Logos * QS Rows and Colums * Scroll on small QS * OmniStyle: Header Images * Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation * Dirty Unicorns Interface (DUI): Fling, Smartbar and Pulse * Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen * Custom Carrier Label * Power Menu Items * AOSP Recents: Membar, Clear All and Inmersive Recents. * Battery LED light settings * Type of notifications: Heads up and Ticker, pick your poison * Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it * AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Nexus 6P
- List of Best Custom ROM for Google Nexus 6P [Updated]
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Google Nexus 6P (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP For Nexus 6P
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you have installed custom ROM before, then you can try this Bootleggers ROM. The ROM is stable and optimized for daily use. Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what's on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What's on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn't mean Android 8.1 doesn't include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- New Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM and Gapps Files
How to Install Bootleggers ROM on Nexus 6P:
Before following the guide, make sure you have downloaded the ROM zip file and moved it to the root directory of internal storage.
- This ROM is Supported by Nexus 6P (angler)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and Install Latest Google USB Drivers.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s SD card or root of Internal storage.
Step to Install Bootleggers ROM on Nexus 6P:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 6P
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Nexus 6P. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Bootleggers ROM for Nexus 6P.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don't want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
That's it! I hope you have installed the Bootleggers ROM on Nexus 6P. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: Kennyomega