In this all-new guide, we will help newcomers develop their sniping skills, and experienced players polish their talents. We will also provide some useful tricks and shortcuts to help you achieve your dream of becoming a deadly and feared sniper in Call of Duty: Warzone. So Basically, we will tell the players how they can be a great Sniper in Warzone.
One of the most thrilling aspects of action games is the art of sniping enemies at long ranges, and often from a place of concealment. And Call of Duty: Warzone is a game that offers a lot of excellent opportunities for those who have mastered this skill. That said, like in real life, this art comes with a number of complications and requires patience and practice. And its mechanics in Warzone are quite different from those in other games, even other entries in the Call of Duty franchise. You need to know intricately about things like bullet velocity and hitboxes.
Developing a good strategy for sniping in Call of Duty: Warzone
The most important skills you need to develop in order to become an exceptional sniper are aim and steadiness in your hands. However, before we get to that, we need to take a look at another essential aspect of honing your sniping skills – developing a good strategy. Read the points listed below and try to keep them in mind.
- In the initial stages of the game, it is essential to obtain some staple loot items and make your first kills. This will help you earn enough cash to buy a loadout and a good sniper rifle. Those, obviously, are absolutely essential if you want to become a sniper in this game. Of course, the better and more sophisticated loadouts and weapons you manage to buy, the more your results will improve.
- Know your gear well. Although a detailed discussion of the pros and cons of all the different loadouts available in the game is beyond the scope of this page, we recommend going with at least an acceptably good sniper such as the HDR, and proper defensive equipment like a mine or claymore.
- Remember the limits of your sniper rifle. Do not try to use it for pushing forward, or while in motion. That is because you will mostly not be in a position to take good aim in such situations. You can try going for it, but it is highly risky, and even experienced players often count on just getting lucky in such cases.
- Accept that you cannot cover everything yourself. You need to work closely with your comrades and have them engage enemies at a closer range while you snipe targets from a greater distance.
- Your very first bullet is the most important. Therefore, make it count. Clean headshots are rarer, so instead, try to catch your target off-guard with your first shot. Then proceed to aim for the chest and keep firing until you drop them.
How to Aim well using a Sniper Rifle in Call of Duty: Warzone?
It goes without saying that proper aiming is undoubtedly the most vital skill of all, in order to become a powerful sniper in Call of Duty: Warzone. Your instincts and reflexes need to be well ingrained, which can come with right practice. Apart from that, you need to configure your settings aptly for the best results. Here are some points to keep in regard to this:
- Do not remain stationary when you are taking aim at a target. Keep moving until your aim is complete and you are ready to take your shot. This ensures that you are not an easy target for other enemies.
- Keep sliding in and out of your scope, whole taking aim at your target. That will be easier for you if you can learn how to line up shots outside the scope even at longer ranges. This will allow you to make use of attachments that signal your location as you take aim. This will reduce the time your enemies have to make a counter-attack.
- If you shoot your target anywhere than the neck, you will require three shots to kill them. A bullet directly to the head with an HDR sniper is guaranteed to be fatal. Assess your situation accordingly.
- Compared to other games in the franchise, bullets are much faster and deadlier in Warzone. As a result, you will not have to worry too much about bullet drop. So remember those projectile motion lecture in your school’s physics class, and try to aim right at their head instead of above it.
- Finally, there is absolutely no substitute for practice. You need to constantly get into multiplayer games and practice shooting with the same loadout, in order to master it gradually. Remember to place emphasis on learning how to aim while moving.
The importance of positioning while sniping in Call of Duty: Warzone
This is the second most important aspect of sniping effectively in Call of Duty: Warzone. Even if you are highly skilled with your sniper rifle, gear, and aim, a poorly chosen position will either leave you vulnerable to get killed by alert enemies or possibly even mess up the actual shooting part. Therefore, this is another thing you need to pay close attention to. We have covered the most critical points you need to keep in mind below:
- The most ideal places for taking up positions are high rise buildings with sufficient cover available. This will allow you to move to safety if you are discovered.
- Do your best to ensure that your spot has a chokepoint that blocks easy passage. In this way, you will be able to successfully hold your ground against enemies who try to storm your position.
- Engaging in a firefight with another sniper can be a bit tricky. You can try peeking to line up your sights, which will possibly cause your opponent to try and fire. Now you can take advantage of the following few seconds to make your own shot.
- Try to avoid sniping out in the open, unless you are dealing with a vantage point and have plenty of back-ups available. Otherwise, doing this will only leave you extremely vulnerable to enemy snipers and prowling scouts. Just in case you could try using the storm like a barrier behind you.
- Try to plant a claymore or mine on the chokepoint en route to your sniping spot. Even if it does not manage to kill any enemies trying to sneak up to you, it will cause enough commotion to alert you of their presence.
- At the same time, avoid using your sniper rifle to engage opponents at close range. This is because enemies in Warzone have much higher health than in multiplayer. If you fail to make your headshot, they will not give you a second chance to fire at all. Instead, try to come prepared with a secondary weapon and use Overkill, just in case.
Choose your Character Skins Wisely
Yes. When it comes to sniping, character skins are not merely for looks. You need to preferably choose a skin that helps you blend in effectively with your natural surroundings. Go for skins that can help you camouflage with foliage, soil, and other logical entities.
With patience, hard work, and just the right skill, you can slowly but steadily be on your way to becoming a feared and respected sniper. Check out our Windows Guides, Gaming, Social Media, iPhone Guides, and Android Guides for more amazing guides. Subscribe our YouTube Channel for participating in our $150 giveaway contest. By the way, if you have any queries, doubts, or feedback, do comment down below with your name along with e-mail ID, and we will reply shortly. Keep up the spirit, soldiers!