Today i will guide you on How to install Carbon ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5 Smartphone. CarbonOS ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat which is built with Open Source Code released by Google to the public. The ROM is pretty stable to use as a daily driver. The ROM comes with many handy features which is not present in Official Stock ROM by Xiaomi. Xiaomi mi 5 comes out of the box with MIUI OS developed by Xiaomi which also mean Me You I. If you are bored with Stock ROM or any other Custom ROM, then why not give a try with Carbon ROM. Now Install Carbon ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5 Based Android 7.1.2 Nougat which has many handy features. This full guide is to Install Carbon ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone.
he Carbon ROM is the well-known name at the time of Android 4.4 Kitkat. It became very popular ROM around the world. At that time it is even more popular than CyanogenMod ROMs, but after KitKat, they had stopped developing builds and nightlies, and we have not seen any further development from Carbon OS. Now after CyanogenMod is dead, they are back on track with new latest trending OS Android 7.1.1 Carbon ROM.
Carbon ROM is live, and they started developing ROMs for various devices. Even the carbon ROM website is live now. They have already released Android 7.1.1 Carbon ROM for Nexus, Pixel devices, and many other devices list mentioned below.
What is Carbon ROM?
Carbon ROM is a custom ROM developer which develops custom Roms for device as like CyanogeMod. Carbon Rom has now made an official comeback with releasing their first batch of roms for select devices running on Android Nogat 7.1.
Carbon ROM is an android open source project who develop customized version of Roms. They are know for fast and fluid performance and bloat free Roms.They strive to not only provide you with the best rom they can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Xiaomi Mi 5 is the first smartphone by Xiaomi which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Xiaomi Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Xiaomi released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Xiaomi Sailfish codenamed Moo, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your phone.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
How To Install Carbon ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5 Based Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- First of all, Download the Carbon OS and GAPPS Zip file from the above-given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded CarbonOS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage.
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the CarbonOS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Carbon ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5 (Android 7.1 Nougat) Successfully.
This was our post on – Install Carbon ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5 Based Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Was this useful? Queries we love solving them do leave them in our comment sections.