In this guide, you will learn How to install Carbon ROM on ZTE Axon 7 Smartphone. CarbonROM 5.1 is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat which is built with Open Source Code released by Google to the public. The ROM is pretty stable to use as a daily driver. The ROM comes with many handy features which are not present in Official Stock ROM by ZTE. If you are bored with Stock ROM or any other Custom ROM, then why not give a try with CarbonROM 5.1. This ROM is developed by Kranoner Senior member of XDA Forum. Full Credits to him.
Now Install Carbon ROM on ZTE Axon 7 Based Android 7.1.2 Nougat which has many handy features. This full guide is to Install CarbonROM 5.1 on ZTE Axon 7 smartphone. To install this ROM, your phone must have an Unlocked Bootloader and also installed TWRP Recovery.
The Carbon ROM is the well-known name at the time of Android 4.4 KitKat. It became very popular ROM around the world. At that time it is even more popular than CyanogenMod ROMs, but after KitKat, they had stopped developing builds weekly, nightlies and stable, and we have not seen any further development from Carbon OS. Now after CyanogenMod is dead, they are back on track with new latest trending OS Android 7.1.2 Carbon ROM 5.1 version for ZTE Axon 7.
Table of Contents
What is Carbon ROM?
Carbon ROM is a custom ROM developer which develops custom Roms for the device as like CyanogenMod. Carbon ROM has now made an official comeback with releasing their first batch of ROMs for select devices running on Android Nogat 7.1.
Carbon ROM is an android open source project who develop customized version of Roms. They are known for fast and fluid performance and bloat free Roms.They strive to not only provide you with the best ROM they can build but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know ZTE Axon 7 is the first smartphone by OnePlus which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called OnePlus Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, OnePlus released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on ZTE Axon 7 Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here is the Full Guide to Install Carbon ROM On ZTE Axon 7 (CarbonROM 5.1):
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on ZTE Axon 7.
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide.
- Download the below CarbonROM 5.1 OS ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Carbon ROM On ZTE Axon 7. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!. Source: XDA