Good news remembers CarbonOS Roms which got famous early when Android KitKat came now Carbon has come up with new ROMS for select devices. If you own Pixel, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Sony Z5, Sony Z3, Sony Z3 Compact, Shield Tablet. ROM for Pixel XL is still in progress and we will keep you in progress.
What is Carbon ROM?
Carbon ROM is a custom ROM developer which develops custom Roms for the device as like CyanogeMod. Carbon Rom has now made an official comeback with releasing their first batch of Roms for select devices running on Android Nougat 7.1.
Carbon ROM is an android open source project who develop customized version of Roms. They are known for fast and fluid performance and bloat free Roms.They strive to not only provide you with the best Rom they can build but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
How to Download CarbonOS Roms?
Likewise now Carbon Rom has released their Roms for some devices and they have their own name for the builds.
|Pixel||Sailfish (Click Here To Download)|
|Nexus 6P||Angler (Click Here To Download)|
|Nexus 6||Shamu (Click Here To Download)|
|Sony Z5||Sumire (Click Here To Download)|
|Sony Z3||Leo (Click Here To Download)|
|Sony Z3 Compact||Aries (Click Here To Download)|
|Shield Tablet||Shield Tablet (Click Here To Download)|
- Click on the link above by selecting the device.
- It will take you to the link and select the device and click download.
- Also you have to download Gapp(Click Here).
- This will work on Carbon select devices, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
How To Install CarbonOS ROM For Pixel, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P & More (Android 7.1)
- First of all, Download the Carbon OS and GAPPS Zip file from the above-given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded CarbonOS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage.
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the CarbonOS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install CarbonOS for your select device (Android 7.1 Nougat) Successfully.
This was our post on – CarbonOS ROM For Pixel, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P & More (Android 7.1). Was this useful? Queries we love solving them do leave them in our comment sections.