Huawei’s Sub-brand launched the latest flagship device called Honor View 10. This device comes with the World’s first Artificial Intelligence Processor. Today we will guide to install CarbonROM on Honor View 10 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Talking about the specs, Honor View 10 features 5.99-inches LTPS IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The device has a full view 18:9 display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. Honor View 10 is powered by Hisilicon Kirin 970 processor clubbed with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It can be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The smartphone sports a Dual 16 + 20MP rear camera and 13MP front-facing camera.
CarbonROM is a new firmware for the Honor View 10 made by XDA Recognized Developer Myself5 and his team of developers. In the company’s own words,
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
CarbonROM is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
CarbonROM – Things to Note
Right now, CarbonROM is in the development stage and has an unofficial build that you can install on your Honor View 10 to test out its features, but you have to note the word unofficial in the build; it’s unstable and filled with many bugs, and you stand the risk of getting your smartphone bricked. That said, if you’re a regular Android tweaker, you should already know how to get yourself out of trouble if you get into it while flashing ROMs and unlocking stuff.
Also, the current CarbonROM build (unofficial build) includes Gapps, and there’s no way you can get rid of them even though they are not needed for the ROM to function. The developer currently doesn’t have a way to avoid bundling it, so you have to live with it for now.
Before you install CarbonROM on Honor View 10, make sure that your phone is running on Android Oreo and has the latest Stock ROM, firmware, and bootloader installed.
As of now, CarbonROM is the first and only custom ROM to get the Now Listening feature working on AOSP.
Download and Install CarbonROM on Honor View 10
To flash CarbonROM on Honor View 10, you need to have TWRP Recovery installed on the smartphone. I’m going to show you how to do that, but first, you need to unlock your bootloader.
- This will work on Honor View 10 (berkeley) (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Download The ROM and Gapps
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Honor View 10
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Honor View 10. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below CarbonROM for Honor View 10.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Link to Install
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]
Don’t flash SuperSU if you want to try Magisk Root on your phone
I hope this guide was helpful to install CarbonROM on Honor View 10. For more, Check out the popular link.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release