OnePlus 8 Pro (codename: instantnoodlep) launched in on April 2020. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest CarbonROM on OnePlus 8 Pro (instantnoodlep). Thanks to the developer Myself5 and CarbonROM developers for doing such wonder on bringing a stable custom ROM based on Android 10 Q.
We have already shared the method to unlock its bootloader, root and install TWRP Recovery, as well as carry out many other tweaks on the smartphone, the number of custom ROMs compatible with the OnePlus 8 Pro is still small compared to many other Android smartphones. In this article, I’ll show you how you can install CarbonROM on OnePlus 8 Pro based on Android 10 Q
The OnePlus 8 Pro sports a massive 6.78 Fluid AMOLED display that comes with a Quad HD+ display, which comes with pixels of 1440 x 3168. It also comes with an aspect ratio of 19:8:9, a pixel density of 513 Pixel Per Inch, a screen to body ratio of 90.8 percent, HDR10+ compatible display, Corning Gorilla Glass, and a screen refresh rate of 120Hz.
Coming to the internals, the OnePlus 8 Pro sports the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, which is built on the 7nm process. This is an octa-core SoC, and the setup includes a single Kryo 585 core, which clocks at a higher speed i.e., at 2.84 GHz, other three Kryo 585 cores which clock at 2.42 GHz. And finally, four Kryo 585 core, which clocks at 1.80 GHz. To the GPU side, it has the Adreno 650, which clocks at 587 MHz. Coming to the memory side, it sports 8 and 12GB of RAM. And it has 128 and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage.
Table of Contents
What is CarbonROM?
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. Also delivers frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
CarbonROM is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
CarbonROM – Things to Note
Right now, CarbonROM finally started rolling the official build that you can install on your OnePlus 8 Pro. Now you can use this custom ROM as a daily driver. That said, the current OnePlus 8 Pro CarbonROM is released weekly base. You can get a new stable version of carbonROM every week.
The developers of CarbonROM recommends the MindTheGapps package, though every other Gapps should work fine as well.
Features of CarbonROM Oreo:
- Status Bar Tweaks: You can change the clock and date position, Battery icon style, status bar icons, and other miscellaneous.
- Navigation Bar Customization: Resize, Smartbar tweaks and also you can change to Fling and other DUI nav tweaks
- Quick Settings: You have brightness slider toggle, change tiles color, quick and smart pull down and many more.
- Theme Support: Substratum works fine on this ROM.
- Recent Menu: Show memory bar, an immersive recent option along with clear all button.
- Lockscreen Customization: Double tap to sleep and other lock screen features.
- Buttons: you can customize the power menu, H/W Keys, and Volume Button tweaks
- Miscellaneous: Battery light charging customizations, App Ops, and many other features.
Download CarbonROM on OnePlus 8 Pro [instantnoodlep]
You can now enjoy Android 10 Q based CarbonROM on your OnePlus 8 Pro device.
Download ROM package here
- Download CarbonROM: Download ROM Package / Mirror
- Download any Gapps Package:
- MindTheGApps 10 Package
- Android 10 Gapps Package
- Open Gapps 10
How to Install CarbonROM on OnePlus 8 Pro:
To flash CarbonROM on OnePlus 8 Pro, you need to have TWRP Recovery installed on the smartphone. I’m going to show you how to do that, but first, you need to unlock your bootloader.
Before moving on to the steps to install OnePlus 8 Pro Carbon ROM, you have to follow few
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 8 Pro
- Now install TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 8 Pro.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- In case if you fail to install, then follow our guide on how to restore the Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Steps To install CarbonROM on OnePlus 8 Pro:
Here is the link to the complete illustrative tutorial to flash the latest CarbonROM on OnePlus 8 Pro. Follow it carefully.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
I hope this guide was helpful to install CarbonROM on OnePlus 8 Pro. For more, Check out the popular link.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)