Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite (codename: ugglite) launched in on November 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest CarbonROM on Redmi Y1 Lite (ugglite). Thanks to the developer Trykath and CarbonROM developers for doing such wonder on bringing a stable custom ROM based on Android 10 Q.
We have already shared the method to unlock its bootloader, root and install TWRP Recovery, as well as carry out many other tweaks on the smartphone, the number of custom ROMs compatible with the Redmi Y1 Lite is still small compared to many other Android smartphones. In this article, I’ll show you how you can install CarbonROM on Redmi Y1 Lite based on Android 10 Q
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite features a 5.5 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm) processor under Adreno 308 GPU. The handset packs 16GB variant with 2GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite sports a Single rear camera with 13MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 7.0 Nougat under MIUI 9.0 software package and backed by 3080 mAh battery.
What is CarbonROM?
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. Also delivers frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
CarbonROM is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
CarbonROM – Things to Note
Right now, CarbonROM finally started rolling the official build that you can install on your Redmi Y1 Lite. Now you can use this custom ROM as a daily driver. That said, the current Redmi Y1 Lite CarbonROM is released weekly base. You can get a new stable version of carbonROM every week.
The developers of CarbonROM recommends the MindTheGapps package, though every other Gapps should work fine as well.
Features of CarbonROM Oreo:
- Status Bar Tweaks: You can change the clock and date position, Battery icon style, status bar icons, and other miscellaneous.
- Navigation Bar Customization: Resize, Smartbar tweaks and also you can change to Fling and other DUI nav tweaks
- Quick Settings: You have brightness slider toggle, change tiles color, quick and smart pull down and many more.
- Theme Support: Substratum works fine on this ROM.
- Recent Menu: Show memory bar, an immersive recent option along with clear all button.
- Lockscreen Customization: Double tap to sleep and other lock screen features.
- Buttons: you can customize the power menu, H/W Keys, and Volume Button tweaks
- Miscellaneous: Battery light charging customizations, App Ops, and many other features.
Download CarbonROM on Redmi Y1 Lite [ugglite]
You can now enjoy Android 10 Q based CarbonROM on your Redmi Y1 Lite device.
Download ROM package here
- Download CarbonROM: Download ROM Package
- Download any Gapps Package:
- MindTheGApps 10 Package
- Android 10 Gapps Package
- Open Gapps 10
How to Install CarbonROM on Redmi Y1 Lite:
To flash CarbonROM on Redmi Y1 Lite, you need to have TWRP Recovery installed on the smartphone. I’m going to show you how to do that, but first, you need to unlock your bootloader.
Before moving on to the steps to install Redmi Y1 Lite Carbon ROM, you have to follow few
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Y1 Lite
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Redmi Y1 Lite.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- In case if you fail to install, then follow our guide on how to restore the Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Steps To install CarbonROM on Redmi Y1 Lite:
Here is the link to the complete illustrative tutorial to flash the latest CarbonROM on Redmi Y1 Lite. Follow it carefully.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
I hope this guide was helpful to install CarbonROM on Redmi Y1 Lite. For more, Check out the popular link.
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- Dirty Unicorns ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)