Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte) was launched on February 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest official CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte). Thanks to the developer and CarbonROM developers for doing such wonder on bringing a stable custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie.
We have already shared the method to unlock its bootloader, root and install TWRP Recovery, as well as carry out many other tweaks on the smartphone, the number of custom ROMs compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S7 is still small compared to many other Android smartphones. In this article, I’ll show you how you can install CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Samsung Galaxy S7 sports a 5.1 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by 4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa (14 nm). The device packs 32/64GB internal storage and 4GB of RAM. There is 256GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 12 MP with an aperture f/1.7 and a 5 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy S7 runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow, upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. The handset has a front-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Table of Contents
What is CarbonROM?
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. Also delivers frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
CarbonROM is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
CarbonROM – Things to Note
Right now, CarbonROM finally started rolling the official build that you can install on your Samsung Galaxy S7. Now you can use this custom ROM as a daily driver. That said, the current Samsung Galaxy S7 CarbonROM is released weekly base. You can get a new stable version of carbonROM every week.
The developers of CarbonROM recommends the MindTheGapps package, though every other Gapps should work fine as well.
Features of CarbonROM:
- Status Bar Tweaks: You can change the clock and date position, Battery icon style, status bar icons, and other miscellaneous.
- Navigation Bar Customization: Resize, Smartbar tweaks and also you can change to Fling and other DUI nav tweaks
- Quick Settings: You have brightness slider toggle, change tiles color, quick and smart pull down and many more.
- Theme Support: Substratum works fine on this ROM.
- Recent Menu: Show memory bar, an immersive recent option along with clear all button.
- Lockscreen Customization: Double tap to sleep and other lock screen features.
- Buttons: you can customize the power menu, H/W Keys, and Volume Button tweaks
- Miscellaneous: Battery light charging customizations, App Ops, and many other features.
Download CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S7 [herolte]
You can now enjoy Android 9.0 Pie based CarbonROM on your Samsung Galaxy S7 device.
How to Install CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S7
To flash CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S7, you need to have TWRP Recovery installed on the smartphone. I’m going to show you how to do that, but first, you need to unlock your bootloader.
Before moving on to the steps to install Samsung Galaxy S7 Carbon ROM, you have to follow the pre-requisites.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S7
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S7
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- In case if you fail to install, then follow our guide on how to restore the Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy S7 based 9.0 Pie
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update for Samsung Galaxy S7
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S7 (All Variant)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy S7 based on Android 10 Q
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Steps To install CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S7:
Here is the link to the complete illustrative tutorial to flash the latest CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S7. Follow it carefully.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check
I hope this guide was helpful to install CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S7. For more, Check out the popular link.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Release Date: List of Supported device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)