Sony launched the Sony Xperia V (tsubasa) on August 2012. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest CarbonROM on Sony Xperia V (tsubasa).
There are many custom ROMs out there for Android smartphones that give you extra features over what the OEM bundles with your smartphones, but with new smartphones,
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. Also delivers frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
CarbonROM is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
CarbonROM – Things to Note
Right now, CarbonROM is in the development stage and has an unofficial build that you can install on your Sony Xperia V to test out its features, but you have to note the word unofficial in the build; it’s unstable and filled with many bugs, and you stand the risk of getting your smartphone bricked. That said, if you’re a regular Android tweaker, you should already know how to get yourself out of trouble if you get into it while flashing ROMs and unlocking stuff.
Also, the current CarbonROM build (unofficial build) includes Gapps, and there’s no way you can get rid of them even though they are not needed for the ROM to function. The developer currently doesn’t have a way to avoid bundling it, so you have to live with it for now.
Before you install CarbonROM on Sony Xperia V, make sure that your phone is running on Android Oreo and has the latest Stock ROM, firmware, and bootloader installed.
As of now, CarbonROM is the first and only custom ROM to get the Now Listening feature working on AOSP.
Download CarbonROM on Sony Xperia V [tsubasa]
Here are few downloadables that you will require while you install CarbonROM on Sony Xperia V based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Also as we said you can download any of the GApps from the list.
- MindTheGApps 8.1.0 Package
- Delta Gapps with Modular Add-On
- Micro GApps Package For Android Oreo
- Android Oreo Gapps Package [Open Gapps]
- Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported on any Android 8.1]
How to Install CarbonROM on Sony Xperia V
To flash CarbonROM on Sony Xperia V, you need to have TWRP Recovery installed on the smartphone. I’m going to show you how to do that, but first, you need to unlock your bootloader.
Before moving on to the steps to install Sony Xperia V Carbon ROM, you have to follow few
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Sony USB Drivers
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia V
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Sony Xperia V.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- In case if you fail to install, then follow our guide on how to restore the nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo for Sony Xperia V
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Sony Xperia V
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Sony Xperia V
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo based AOSPExtended Oreo on Sony Xperia V
Steps To install CarbonROM on Sony Xperia V:
Here is the link to the complete illustrative tutorial to flash the latest CarbonROM on Sony Xperia V. Follow it carefully.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
I hope this guide was helpful to install CarbonROM on Sony Xperia V. For more, Check out the popular link.