AirPods are one of the best creations of the Apple company. It changed the way of listening to music. When AirPods Pro launched it comes with better control compared to AirPods. Earlier they have a tap feature on earbuds to control the playback and Siri. New Airpods Pro have a squeeze gesture now to control active noise cancellation & transparency or invoke the Siri.
They have provided to choose either invoke the Siri or noise control options. You can change for both separate earbuds as per your needs.
How to customize Airpods Pro control
It is required first to sync and pair your AirPods Pro with iPhone. Rest follow the below steps to customize your control.
- Open “Settings” app on your paired iPhone or iPad
- Tap on “Bluetooth”
- Search for your AirPods Pro and tap on “i” icon beside it
- Tap on either “Left” or “Right” depending upon which control you want to change
- Select either “Noise Control” or ‘Siri” on the top of the screen. If you select the “Siri” then it is done.
- If you select the “Noise Control” then by default “Transparency” and “Noise cancellation” modes will active. If you want to off both of the modes then you can select the “Off” button.
Close the Airpods Pro settings app and you are done with customization. You can now check it with a little squeeze.
Now Let’s Customize which AirPods Pro earbud act as a microphone
You can also set up which earbud of your AirPod Pro will work as a microphone. It is easy steps as above, you just need to choose “microphone” at step 3.
Now you will see the three options on your screen such as “Automatically Switch AirPods”, “Always Left AirPod” and “Always Right AirPod”. You can choose left or right as you required to act as a microphone or you can select “Automatically Switch AirPods” if you do not want to set any specific.
We recommend you to set “Automatically Switch AirPods” but in the end, it is your decision to choose which option works better for you.