These days Android users are very much into modding their devices. They want to explore the possibilities their phone has to offer. So, these users perform under-the-hood tweaks. Changing the splash screen or the boot-up screen is one such customization people want to know about. In this post, we bring you the tutorial on how to change Xiaomi Mi A1 boot logo.
Mi A1 is the latest smartphone from Chinese OEM Xiaomi powered by Google. This device is a product of the AndroidOne Project that provides stock Android experience to users on a mid-range budget. The phone runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, it comes with 4GB of RAM. It brings expandable 64GB of internal storage. Xiaomi Mi A1 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Below we have the complete tutorial to change Xiaomi Mi A1 boot logo. We would like to add that, this tutorial is for the splash screen (the ‘Mi’ boot logo which displays when the device is switched on). Do not confuse this with boot animation. Also, this tutorial is exclusively for the Snapdragon variants of Xiaomi Mi A1.
How to change Xiaomi Mi A1 Boot Logo
Here are some things you need to be aware of before changing Xiaomi Mi A1 Boot Logo.
- Your Xiaomi Mi A1 must have root access to mod the boot logo.
- Custom Recovery like TWRP or working fastboot should be installed on the PC.
- This tutorial is exclusively for Mi A1. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You have to download Splash maker to perform this tweak.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking of any devices.
Here is the link for splash maker tool to change Xiaomi Mi A1 boot logo.
- Mi A1 Splash Maker | Download [zip file]
You may Like,
Steps To Change Xiaomi Mi A1 Boot Logo
Step-1 Download Splash maker zip file from the download section.
Step-2 Create your picture with resolution 1080×1920 pixels or lower.
Step-3 Rename your picture as logo.png or logo.jpg.
Step-4 Replace it inside “pics” folder of the extracted folder
Step-5 Run the ‘CREATE_LOGO.bat‘ to create splash.img.
Step-6 Now check the Output folder to retrieve your image.
Step-7 Next to flash the splash.img using TWRP transfer the flashable_splash.zip to your device
Step-8 Then, flash it from TWRP.
Step-9 If you want to flash using fastboot mode, enter the following command.
fastboot flash splash splash.img
- If you get an error like “Picture Is Large In Size” go to compressPNG.com to reduce no. of colours and picture resolution in the picture.
- Mi A1 logo has a fixed size of 100kB allocated for splash image frame buffer, so only very light-weight pictures can be used. That could be the reason for the error.
So, that’s it. Now that you know how to change Xiaomi Mi A1 boot logo, go try to mod this on your phone. Hit the comment section if you have any queries regarding this.
Keep visiting GetDroidTips for cool tweaks and tricks for your Android device.