Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has always been one of the most popular game series from Activision. And with the release of the Warzone mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, it is now one of the most popular battle royale games out there. As per some stats, players of the game have logged roughly 2.4 billion hours of online gameplay split between the usual multiplayer mode and the battle royale mode.
Several players have run into the GPU not supported error while trying to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. As a result of the error, Windows users are unable to play the game. Fortunately, there’s a fix available and in this guide, we’ll show you how to solve the problem. Additionally, this guide may or may not work if you come across the same error on any other game on Windows. Nevertheless, we’ll show you two different methods that should help fix the GPU not supported error.
Fix Call of Duty Warzone GPU not Supported Error via System Settings
First off, we’ll walk through the steps to try fixing the issue directly from the system settings on Windows 10. Keep in mind that this method will only work for users running Windows 10.
- Click on the Start menu and select the Settings option.
- Navigate to the System settings page and click on Display. Note that the display settings are selected by default. Therefore, you may not have to select it again.
- Within the Display tab, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Graphics settings.
- Under the ‘Choose an app to set preference‘ option, click on the drop-down menu and select ‘Classic app‘.
- After selecting Classic app in the drop-down menu, click on Browse. Then navigate to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare installation folder on your Windows 10 PC.
- Once you have located the installation directory, select the Modern Warfare executable file, i.e. the file with the .exe extension.
- After selecting the Modern Warfare executable file, click on Add.
- Now click on Options after selecting Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in the Graphics Settings page.
- Within the pop-up menu, select ‘High performance‘ and then click on Save.
That’s it. You can now exit the settings page and launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. However, in case performing the steps above does not solve the issue, then you can check out the second method. You can also check your computer specifications: find your CPU, GPU, Motherboard, & RAM.
Fix GPU not supported error via GeForce Experience
Follow these steps to solve the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare GPU not supported error via the GeForce Experience software.
- Launch the GeForce Experience application on your PC. To do this, simply press the Windows Key and search for ‘GeForce Experience‘.
- After the application launches, click on Drivers.
- You can either select Express installation or Custom installation.
- Once you’ve selected either of the options, the application will automatically begin downloading the required drivers for your PC’s video card.
- Once the installation has finished, all that’s left to do is restart your PC.
After restarting your Windows 10 PC, launch the game. The GPU not supported error should now be fixed. As we mentioned earlier, these two methods can be used to fix the same error if it occurs in any other game. Although, your mileage of success may vary. Nevertheless, we hope either of the two or both methods helped solve the issue. Additionally, you might also be interested in how to unlock Crossbow in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and how to fix Call of Duty server disconnected error.