Finally, the Android 8.1 Oreo update is beginning to roll for the Oppo R11s and its variant R11s Plus. Users can now install ColorOS 5.0 Android 8.1 Oreo update on both the R11s and its Plus model. The update process follows the installation of the ColorOS 5.0 Beta APK. If a user is enrolled in the Beta program then he is able to update to Android 8.1 Oreo. The latest ColorOS 5.0 Android 8.1 Oreo update brings various important changes to the device.
The latest updates include new gestures and optimization for the navigation key. The smart helper also gets optimization and the desktops gets new layout settings. With the ColorOS 5.0 Android 8.1 Oreo update, the security patch level of the device moves to that of February 2018. System theme gets a new upgrade. Also, the optimization control gets merged with notification center. You can view the entire official changelog below.
Let us know more what Android 8.1 Oreo brings to the device after performing the system update. The various features of the latest iteration of Oreo include neural network API, Autofill, low battery alert, shared memory API, wallpaper colors API etc. Rest of the features such as Notification Dots, PiP Mode remains in the Oreo 8.1 bundle as well.
Changelog: ColorOS 5.0 Android 8.1 Oreo update
Here is the latest colorOS 5.0 based Android 8.1 Oreo update changelog in details.
- New express information to support the binding of mobile phone numbers
- A sports step counter support to share the number of sports steps Screenshot
- Optimizing smart helper card display
- New Game WeChat / QQ voice,
- Video chat notification banner reminder
- Optimize album photo editing Support one-click beauty
- Add albums to video categories
- Notification bar editing interface support
- Lock screen password support to set 4-16 digit alphanumeric password
- Optimize system animation effect
- Floating ball visual effect upgrade
- Split screen status bar shortcut function
- Optimization for the harassment call interception feature
Download ColorOS 5.0 Android 8.1 Oreo update for Oppo R11s (Plus)
Here is the link to download the ColorOS 5.0 Beta APK to update the devices to Android 8.1 Oreo.Download Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware for Oppo R11s(Plus) Via ColorOS Beta APK
You May Like,
- Common Oppo F7 Problems and Their Solutions
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Neo 7
- Install LineageOS 14.1 on Oppo R11
- Oppo R15 Stock Wallpapers
How To Install ColorOS 5.0 Android 8.1 Oreo on Oppo R11s (Plus)
Before flashing any update make sure to follow these
- The ROM and the corresponding update is meant for Oppro R11s and R11 S Plus exclusively.
- Try to backup your device data for safety in case any data loss may happen.
- Completely charge your device to avoid any battery shortage issue
- Keep in mind that WeChat data won’t be lost but you have to re-login.
- Fingerprint payment may have to re-setup.
- Once updated you cannot rollback the device to previous OS version.
- To avail the update, your device must be on the latest version of the software.
Steps To Install Android 8.1 Oreo
Step-1 Update your respective Oppo R11s/R11s Plus device to latest software version 108106.
Step-2 Now Download the ColorOS 5.0 Beta APK from above download section.
Step-3 Go to device Settings > System Update and check for Oreo update
Step-4 The latest update will download and install as you are now a part of the Beta program.
So, that’s it. Install and upgrade your Oppo R11s (plus) to latest colorOS 5.0 Android 8.1 Oreo and enjoy.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest Android 8.1 Oreo related updates for various smartphones.