The overall share of Chinese smartphones in the International smartphone market is increasing at a very fast speed. The fact cannot be denied that many Chinese manufacturers have provided smartphones which no one even thinks about. One of the best manufacturers known to gain the attention of smartphone users is HomTom. They have grabbed the attention of users mainly because they have launched devices with features that one can easily put equal to the latest and premium devices in the market currently. In this post, we will talk about the HomTom S8 which was released last year and many users are currently using it. If you are facing the common issues with this device, you can check out the following paragraphs for the common HomTom S8 problems and fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and more.
Although it is a best device, there are many users who have complained about the problems they are facing. Well, if you are one among them, there is actually no need for you to worry about the same. The reason is most of the issues can simply be avoided with some basic methods. However, you need to boost your knowledge about the common HomTom S8 problems and fixes. The same is provided in this post.
Let us first pay a quick attention to the configuration and specifications of this device which will help you to understand more about the common HomTom S8 problems and fixes. As already mentioned, this device was first launched in the year 2017 and since then users have increased up to a very good extent. To make it capable of performing well under every situation, HomTom has equipped it with 1.5 GHz processor and 4GB RAM in conjunction to the same. The 5.5-inch touch-screen makes sure you enjoy everything without compromising the quality.
It has been provided with a 16MP primary and a 13MP secondary camera. The 3400mAh battery is capable to cater all your needs on regular basis. As far as the matter of OS is concerned, HomTom has equipped with Android 7.0 Nougat. Despite being a device with good specifications, it has been reported to have a degraded performance and most of the common HomTom S8 problems and fixes depend on the performance parameters actually. Check them out below.
- 1 Common HomTom S8 problems and fixes
Common HomTom S8 problems and fixes
It is important for you to follow the information about the common HomTom S8 problems and fixes mentioned in this post in the same manner as described. However, GetDroidtips.com still cannot be held responsible for anything that goes wrong with your device while following anything.
First of all, we talk about the connectivity related problems which still many users are reporting. The fact is not all the connectivity related issues can always be due to hardware related faults. There are certain factors that generally influence and encourage them. Before you proceed with the methods listed below, make sure that your Wi-Fi router and internet connection are in a working state. If the same is ok, follow the below guide to correct connectivity related problems on your HomTom S8.
- See if the problem is gone with a simple restart
- If not, open Settings, click Connections and then click Wi-Fi.
- This makes your device automatically scan for the available networks and will display them on the screen.
- When the first scanning has ended, tap for a few seconds on the Wi-Fi you want to connect and forget it.
- Then, tap on the same network you want to connect and you’re done. When you select an open network, there is no need to enter the password.
- Make sure no power saving mode should be enabled.
- Turn the Bluetooth of your device ON and OFF.
- If the problem is still there, Open Bluetooth Settings and clear the cache.
- Restart your HomTom S8.
- If there are multiple profiles, then maybe you have exceeded the limit of profiles you can save. Thus, you need to delete old and profiles no longer in use.
Check out the below guide to avoid this problem
- First check if it is gone with a simple restart
- Make sure you are not wearing mittens or gloves while using your device
- Clean the screen and make sure there are no oil or dust particles present on it
- There could be a software problem in some cases and the touch screen is unable to perform its tasks
- Always keep at least 3 GB free space on device as it can also be the reason of this issue.
- Last option is to perform a factory restore if other methods doesn’t work
Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the HomTom S8
If you are facing this problem, first make sure to have updated USB drivers installed on your device. Actually, unable to detect PC is a situation that doesn’t let you transfer the data between your device and PC. However, you can try following solutions to get the things back on track again.
- Open device Settings and scroll down to find About Phone
- Keep tapping on Build Number several times till a pop-up appears
- The pop up will say “You are now a developer.”
- You can check a new option will appear in the Settings and i.e. Developer Options.
- Open it and then tap USB debugging to enable it.
- You may have to reboot the phone once.
- Plug in the phone and change USB configuration to MTP.
Poor camera quality
HomTom S8 comes with an excellent camera quality and same is due to dual camera at the back which is actually a combination of 16 plus 5MP. However, still it has been reported by many users that they are facing the camera quality related issues. If you are one among them, try the following to get the things back on track again.
- Make sure there is no dust in the camera lens
- Make sure you tear the transparent cover from the screen and front the back which is installed on the new devices
- Make sure you selected the appropriate shooting mode depending on the lightning conditions
- Check if the default camera app is running properly. You can check this with many apps available on the Play Store.
Performance degradation is actually something that needs you to understand the common HomTom S8 problems and fixes. If you think your device is too slow, check out the following methods to boost its performance upto the possible extend.
- Make sure that your device ROM is not fully filled. If you fill it completely, of course it will put some burden on the processor and on the RAM which could lead to this problem
- See if there is any virus in your device which is affecting its performance
- Remove all the third-party apps you installed. For this, take your device into the safe mode.
- Perform factory rest if you cannot fix the same. Probably you will find significant improvements after performing the same. However, as mentioned earlier, don’t forget to save the device data.
Apps not working properly
Unexpected behavior of a few installed applications can be due to bugs in the OS for sure. This can be eliminated by the following methods
- Go to Settings-more networks-mobile network-access point names.
- Tap on APN for your network.
- Change the APN Protocol to IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6.
- Make sure all the applications are up-to-date
- Check if there is any pending OS update
- Always install the apps from trusted platforms (Play Store)
Problems related to SIM card can have multiple factors influencing the same. Most of the time this problem can be avoided with a simple restart. In case they are still present, you can try the following set of solutions. However, before you proceed with the same, make sure you have grabbed all the information regarding common HomTom S8 problems and fixes related to SIM card. Check if the SIM tray or the SIM card is not physically damaged. In case you find everything good with the same, try the following
- Make sure your SIM is having all the services active on it
- If it is too old, get it replaced before you use it in your brand new Nokia 7
- Make sure there are no compatibility issues related to the frequency
- If problem still exists, get your phone checked thoroughly from an authorized service center
If your HomTom S8 is having charging problems on it, you need not to worry. Try the following solutions to keep up the pace simply
- Make sure your charging adapter is on proper working condition. Try charging another device with it. If there is no time gap, probably the issue in it the adapter
- Make sure your connecting cable is in proper working condition
- Clean the connector on your device gently with a cloth. We recommend you to perform this task safely. We don’t bear any responsibility if you cause any damage to the device due to any reason while trying this.
- Check if the power socket is in proper working condition.
- Make sure all the apps in the background are closed.
- If the problem still exist, you need to perform a hard rest or need to get it checked at a n authorized repair shop
Battery draining quickly
Quick drainage of battery on your HomTom S8 is a clear indication that you are putting extra burden on the processor and RAM. This is possible when you left the unwanted apps running in the background. Boosting screen brightness beyond a limit can also be held responsible for this. Try following solutions in case you cannot eliminate it simply.
- If your device battery is draining too quickly, the most common factor is installation of a third-party app. As already mentioned, you need to disable it by taking your phone into the safe mode.
- Make sure all the apps are closed and not running in the background.
- See if all the installed apps are up to date or not. If not, update them immediately
- Make sure your device too have all latest updates installed on it.
HomTom S8 overheating
Overheating in this device can be due to same reason as in case of quick battery drainage. However, you can try the following to avoid the same.
- Make sure you clear the cache for all installed apps
- Update your device to the latest version if you haven’t
- Charge your device with the recommended charger only (the one that comes with the device)
- Make sure there is no extra burden on RAM due to any reason
This is exactly what that you should know about the common HomTom S8 problems and fixes. In case there is any other issue you are facing than the ones mentioned in this post, you are welcome to share the same in below comments.