Since last few months, Huawei Honor 5X has gained a lot of popularity among smartphone users all over the world. The prime reason is the features it is equipped with. However, this device also faces a lot of problems that often degrade its performance. Although it’s a budget phone that comes with almost every feature that is required in a modern smartphone, there are a few problems that this device experience time to time. It is simple to fix Honor 5X problems. Most of the problems associated with this phone declare their presence due to a software issue. You can easily fix Honor 5X problems by reading this post. Below we have spotlighted some common issues related to Huawei Honor 5X along with the solutions.
Most Common Huawei Honor 5X problems and a guide to fix them
Here I will list all the common problems that are found and also we have also put up a solution to fix such problem.
Honor 5X overheating issue
One of the most common issues in the Huawei Honor 5X is overheating. It has been observed that the device overheats and the battery drain at a very fast speed. If you are facing this Honor 5X overheating issue, here are the instructions to avoid it.
- Simply restart the device. As there are chances that the problem might be due to a software glitch, a restart is helpful. Make sure you remove the device from the charger while restarting it.
- Sometimes HD videos are also responsible for Honor 5X overheating issue. Therefore reduce the resolution can also help in this matter.
- You must keep this thing in mind that Huawei Honor 5X is not meant for intensive gaming. Thus it’s necessary to impose a strict upper limit on same if you are a gamer.
- Check out from the Phone Settings which app is consuming the battery beyond a limit. Uninstall that particular app temporarily or if possible permanently.
- Boot your Huawei Honor 5X into the safe mode to check out if there is any unwanted file or culprit app that is responsible for this problem. There are certain chances for the same.
- In the case above methods don’t work, perform a factory reset. Probably it will avoid this issue. Make sure to take data backup before proceeding with this.
- Many people think its Honor 5X Battery Problem. However, it is not always necessary.
Huawei Honor 5X has been reported on several online forums about its slow performance. In fact, slow performance in Honor 5X is a very common problem. It is equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor which is also considered as one of the prime factors responsible for its slow performance. However, if you think your device is too slow, follow the below instructions.
- Before proceeding with anything, try restarting your device. There are chances that this can avoid the problem. If not, follow the next instructions.
- Make sure your Huawei Honor 5X have the latest version of Android OS. If you have not updated the same for a long time, it could be the reason for slow performance in Honor 5X. Latest versions of OS often have several bug fixes and there are certain chances that you can avoid this problem after updating your device.
- Animation settings are also responsible for the slow performance. You can impose a limit on same simply by enabling the Developers option. For this, you need to click Settings>About Phone and have to tap the build number 7 times continuously. Upon scrolling down, you will see animation settings from where you can reduce the same. Sometimes slow performance could be due to Honor 5X Battery Problem.
- Uninstall all the apps which you no longer use or use occasionally. Sometimes this could also be the reason for slow performance in Honor 5X.
- Last option in case the above doesn’t work is to perform the factory reset which will probably bring the things back on track. If your Honor 5X lags, make sure to visit a repair shop.
Many users report that the Huawei Honor 5X fails to connect to the Wi-Fi network. In few cases, it shows the very slow connection. Well, if that’s a problem with your device too, here are the instructions to help you avoid this problem.
- Begin with restarting your phone. This is the basic step that can sometimes avoid the problem. You are free to follow next set of instructions in case it doesn’t work.
- The Wi-Fi problem in Honor 5X can be there if you don’t update your device. Thus pay attention to this fact. Make sure all the apps in your phone are up to the date.
- Make sure that the MAC address supports the router. To check the MAC address, Click your Wi-Fi network>Settings>Wi-Fi>Configure.
- You can also try “Forget the Wi-Fi network”. This can be done by visiting the settings.
- Another method to avoid Honor 5X Wi-Fi issue is to check whether you are running the phone on power saving mode. This often shut down Wi-Fi automatically.
- Last option in case the above doesn’t work is performing the factory reset.
- If you see your Honor 5X battery draining quickly during the Wi-Fi, it can have a hardware issue.
Bluetooth connectivity problem
If Bluetooth is not working on your Huawei Honor 5X, you can try the following instructions.
- Begin with restarting the device. See if it avoids the problem. If not, follow the next instructions
- Delete all the earlier pairings. Sometimes connecting the Huawei Honor 5X with several devices one after one could be the reason for this issue.
- Always make sure that the Bluetooth connection is discoverable on your device, as well as on the other with which you are connecting your device.
- Last option is factory reset if above don’t work for your device.
Bloatware beyond a limit
One of the most common problems associated with the Huawei Honor 5X is nothing but bloatware when it occupies a lot of space on the phone. Thus it’s necessary to impose a limit on this as it can cut down the performance up to a huge extent. With this, you can simply fix Honor 5X problems that are responsible for slowing down the device. To do so, follow these instructions.
- Remove all the apps that you installed previously that you don’t use frequently. For this, simply click Settings>App Manager and remove the apps you want to.
- There are certain default apps that cannot be removed. However, if you don’t mind rooting your Huawei Honor 5X, it is possible to remove these apps. It must be noted that rooting will void your phone’s warranty.
- In some cases, this could be the reason for your Honor 5X battery draining quickly.
Unable to eject SIM tray
If you are not able to eject the SIM tray, you can follow the instructions below.
- Always use the SIM tray ejector that comes with the device when it comes to ejecting the SIM tray.
- Always make sure you follow the right procedure for this as per instructions.
- If you are not able to keep up the pace, it is suggested to visit a technician or a repair shop around you.
SD card not detected
One of the most common problems with Huawei Honor 5X is it often fails to detect the SD card. If you are also experiencing this problem, you can fix it by following the below instructions.
- Remove the SD card and restart your phone. Once it starts, insert SD card again to see if it works. If not, follow the next instructions.
- Make sure your SD card is in working condition. You can check this by inserting it in another device.
- Format your card and insert it again in your Huawei Honor 5X to see if it detects the same. Take data back up before you erase everything.
- Make sure the device slot is not damaged.
- If that doesn’t work, it’s time to contact a technician or a repair shop. Of course, this would fix Honor 5X problems related to SD card.
Screen not responding
If your Honor 5X is experiencing this problem, it can be due to a number of possible reasons. To fix Honor 5X problems associated with the screen, follow the instructions below.
- First thing is to restart the device and see if it works.
- Make sure your hands are clean and you are not wearing gloves.
- If you are using a screen guard, make sure it is of the best quality.
- Make sure the screen is totally clean and there are no oil or dust particles.
- In a few cases, screen fails to perform its task just because of a software problem. Take the opinion of an expert.
- Perform a factory reset. If that doesn’t work, visit a repair shop.
The instructions mentioned above have been tested on many devices and thus there is no need for you to worry about anything. Whether it’s Honor 5X Battery Problem or your Honor 5X lags, you can fix Honor 5X problems very easily and in fact without consulting a technician in most of the cases with these instructions.