It was actually Nokia that taught people how to use a phone effectively. It is quite true that they were one among the most successful mobile phone manufacturers in the world till 2014. It was then Microsoft acquired the Nokia and we all saw Windows Phone. The fact is Nokia has always worked hard to keep up the pace. However, it’s just because they focused more on design and not on the features that become the reason for their failure a few years back. This doesn’t seem to make much impact on them. This is because Nokia has already made their entry into smartphone markets with some amazing models. Their latest model is Nokia 6. In this post, I will introduce you to common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, camera, SIM, and more.
Nokia 6 2018 just hit the smartphone market and has already become one of the smartphones with a lot of attention by the people. If you have already purchased it, probably you made a right choice. The fact is it is expected to have similar minor issues in it that the Nokia 6 earlier model faced. However, the good thing is there is no need for you to worry about the same. This is because there is nothing much you need to do to boost your knowledge about the Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes.
This device comes with a flawless blend of features and has a lot to offer to its users in a very attractive price range. You might have no idea but the fact is it can be considered as best for performing any task through it. It packs a 2.2GHz octa-core processor and the powerful 4GB RAM add more to the functionality of the device. Probably this configuration enables it to operate quickly and reliably. When it comes to OS, it has been powered by Android 7.1.1. The 3000mAh battery is enough to cater your daily power needs. However stillyou need to look for the information about common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes related to this.
You can store upto 32GB of data in this device and can enhance this limit by upto 128GB using a micros SD card. For those who love capturing their best moments, it can help in keeping up the pace through its 16MP primary and 8MP selfie shooter. The 5.5-inch touchscreen simply makes it easy for you to display and enjoy any content without compromising the quality and in fact without worrying about the common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes.
Although the configuration is best, it has been reported by a few users to have some minor glitches. Check out more information regarding common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes in the paragraphs below.
- 1 Common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes
- 1.1 Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the device
- 1.2 Brightness issue in Nokia 6
- 1.3 Automatic clearance of notification
- 1.4 Performance Issues (common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes)
- 1.5 Data connectivity issues (Apps not working)
- 1.6 Connectivity issues (common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes)
- 1.7 Earpiece sounds robotic
- 1.8 Poor Camera quality on Nokia 6
- 1.9 Overheating issues with Nokia 6
- 1.10 Nokia 6 2018 not detecting the SD card
- 1.11 Unresponsive Touchscreen
- 1.12 SIM related problems (SIM not recognized, no network etc)
- 1.13 Fingerprint scanner not working
- 1.14 Fast battery drainage
Common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes
These problems are actually not very common and only a very few people have reported them so far. Thus if you think you need to do a lot with the common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes, you are probably wrong. Check out the solutions to some common issues below.
Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the device
Failure to recognize the computer connection is something that is becoming very common in the present time. If you are facing this problem with your Nokia 6, there is actually nothing much that you need to do. To eliminate the same, check out the list of possible actions that can be taken for the elimination of this issue.
- Open Settings – About Phone and keep tapping on Build Number several times till a pop-up
- The pop up will say “You are now a developer.”
- In the Setting menu, a new option will appear called Developer Options. Open it.
- Tap on USB debugging to enable it.
- You may have to reboot the phone once.
- Plug in the phone and change USB configuration to MTP.
Probably the problem will be gone after this.
Brightness issue in Nokia 6
Brightness is something with which a few users are not satisfied. Actually, it seems to be a minor glitch which was also present in the earlier version of Nokia 6. You need to wait for the next update to get it fixed. By the time, you can try the “Lux Auto Brightness” app which is available on the Play Store.
Automatic clearance of notification
If notifications are getting cleared automatically, there are certain chances that you can miss out some important updates and messages. Thus, dealing with this issue is very necessary. The fact is there is nothing much you need to do to get the favorable results. Following are the common solutions to this problem post which you can assure the functionality of your device in the right or in the actual manner.
- Go to Settings-battery and then disable Hibernation/Aggressive Dose
- If you want to select which apps send you notifications, you can do it here. . Go to Settings – Battery – Battery Optimization (tap the three vertical dots at the top right corner). Here you can select which apps you want to receive notifications from.
Performance Issues (common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes)
Although Nokia 6 2018 is a latest gadget and the manufacturer has paid a lot of attention in boosting its performance, the fact couldn’t be denied that no device can fulfill the desire of all the users. Thus, performance related issues are common and users often face them. If you are one among them, there is no need to worry. Just go with the following steps. This simply let you boost your knowledge about the common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes related to performance.
- Make sure that your device ROM is not fully filled. If you fill it completely, of course it will put some burden on the processor and on the RAM which could lead to this problem
- See if there is any virus in your device which is affecting its performance
- Remove all the third-party apps you installed. For this, take your device into the safe mode.
- Perform factory rest if you cannot fix the same. Probably you will find significant improvements after performing the same. However, as mentioned earlier, don’t forget to save the device data.
- Download the Greenify app from the Play Store. It lists down the applications which are active on waking the phone. Then you can change the settings for these apps. This should reduce the slowdown.
- There may be a rogue app which could be the cause of the poor performance. Boot the device into Safe Mode. If the problem persists, delete the last few apps you may have installed before the problem started. The last resort is to perform the factory reset. But do the factory reset only if it is necessary as you will lose all your data?
Data connectivity issues (Apps not working)
It was seen that a few apps didn’t worked on the Nokia 6 and a few users of 2018 versions also complained about the same. Well, it’s not actually the fault of hardware but there are certain other factors that can also be held responsible for this. Thus, you should try the following.
- Go to Settings-more networks-mobile network-access point names.
- Tap on APN for your network.
- Change the APN Protocol to IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6.
This is actually one of the common problems that also appeared in earlier versions of Nokia.
Connectivity issues (common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes)
Connectivity related problems always impose a strict upper limit on the overall function a device can perform. Of course you cannot perform any task which is related with the internet and data sharing in a few cases if it shows connectivity issues. If you are facing them too, here is the guide to help you avoid them.
To fix Wi-Fi issues
- Turn off the router for a few minutes,
- In the WI-FI settings of the device, tap on forget the preferred network. Then add the details from scratch.
- In the WI-FI Analyzer application, check the level of activity. If required, switch to the different
- Disable Power Saving Mode in Settings.
- Ensure that the MAC address for the phone is recognized by the router.
To fix Bluetooth Issues
- No power saving mode should be enabled.
- Turn the Bluetooth of your device on and off.
- If the problem persists, go to Bluetooth Settings and clear the cache.
- Restart the phone.
- If there are multiple profiles, then maybe you have exceeded the limit of profiles you can save. Delete old and profiles no longer in use. Then try setting the connection from the beginning.
Earpiece sounds robotic
This problem doesn’t have a specific reason. However, you can try the following to eliminate it.
- Go for another good quality earpieces for doing a phone call.
- Try to do another way. During a phone call press the volume up button to make the sound louder.
- This will help to make the other person more audible and will not remove the robotic tone of hands-free.
Poor Camera quality on Nokia 6
Camera related problem on the device doesn’t let your capture pictures in the way you want. Therefore dealing with the same is very necessary. First, make sure that you remove the transparent cover from both screen and from the background. Proceed with the following solutions if the problem is still there
- Make sure there is no dust in the camera lens
- Make sure you tear the transparent cover from the screen and front the back which is installed on the new devices
- Make sure you selected the appropriate shooting mode depending on the lightning conditions
- Check if the default camera app is running properly. You can check this with many apps available on the Play Store.
Overheating issues with Nokia 6
Although overheating cannot be expected from Nokia 6 2018 as of now, there are certain chances that it can experience the same while you use it. The fact is there are several factors that contribute in this matter and you can check the solutions below.
- Do not use the smartphone while it is put on charge.
- If you are streaming high-resolution videos on a channel like YouTube, you can lower the resolution which could resolve the problem of overheating.
- Nokia Smartphones comes with an installed app of Nokia which user can uninstall if it is not being used by them.
- You can go to settings> battery and battery setting usage to see which app is using how much battery and uninstall that particular app.
- You can put a limit to the number of games you have installed or play on Nokia 6.
- After uninstalling unnecessary apps from Nokia 6 2018 user can perform a Factory reset.
Nokia 6 2018 not detecting the SD card
Failure to detect SD card is something that bring awkward moments for you. However, this is a problem that can be fixed. Actually, when it comes to common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes, this is exactly what that is common. To eliminate it, check the below guide.
- First make sure that your SD card is not physically damaged
- Nokia 6 2018 supports upto 128GB SD card. Make sure it is under this limit.
- Insert the SD card again after restarting your Nokia 6.
- Try to insert your SD card into another smartphone or use a card reader to insert it into your PC and Make sure Your SD card is working properly.
- Try to format the SD card on the computer first and then insert it in Nokia 6.
- If this doesn’t work, try using another microSD card.
- If the problem still arises, take your smartphone to the service center as there might be something wrong with the microSD card slot.
Nokia 6 2018 has a 5.5-inch touchscreen. In case you find the same is not responding or responding very slowly, it is not necessary always that your device is having a hardware related problem. In most of the cases it’s due to a temporary software issue. Try the following solutions simply.
- First check if it is gone with a simple restart
- Make sure you are not wearing mittens or gloves while using your device
- Clean the screen and make sure there are no oil or dust particles present on it
- There could be a software problem in some cases and the touch screen is unable to perform its tasks
- Always keep at least 3 GB free space on device as it can also be the reason of this issue.
- Last option is to perform a factory restore if other methods doesn’t work
SIM related problems can declare their presence due to many problems for a smartphone user. The first thing to do is to simply restart your device and check if it is gone. In case it’s not, you can try the following solutions.
- Make sure your SIM is having all the services active on it
- If it is too old, get it replaced before you use it in your brand new Nokia 6
- Make sure there are no compatibility issues related to the frequency
- If problem still exists, get your phone checked thoroughly from an authorized service center
- If you are not able to eject the SIM tray out of the phone, make sure you are using the tray remover provided with the device. In case you are still not able to keep up the pace, take your phone to a nearby repair shop authorized by Nokia.
Fingerprint scanner not working
To fix this issue, try the following
- Make sure there is no dust or grease on your finger
- Remove the fingerprint and check after adding it again
- Always add more than one fingers for emergency
- If it still not work, bring your device to nearby repair shop
Fast battery drainage
The 3000mAh battery in Nokia 6 2018 is expected to provide a full day backup even if the device is used for maximum time period. However, if you think the backup is not as good as it needs to be. Don’t hesitate in trying the following solutions.
- Installation of third-party applications could be one of the major factors responsible for this. Thus you need to disable it by taking your phone into the safe mode.
- Make sure all the apps are closed and not running in the background.
- See if all the installed apps are up to date or not. If not, update them immediately
- Make sure your device too has all latest updates installed on it.
- Don’t keep too much apps on your device
That’s all about the common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes. Dealing with these issues doesn’t need you to be an expert. You can easily keep up the pace. However boosting your knowledge on the common Nokia 6 2018 problems and fixes can help you a lot. If the problems are still present even when you try the solutions, there is no need for you worry. Take your device to the nearby service center which is authorized by Nokia. Depending on the problem, you may get it replaced as it’s a brand new device.
Also check Common Nokia 7 problems and fixes