If you have a dual monitor setup at your workplace or desktop, and you are looking for ways via which you can move a full-screen game to the second monitor, then you are at the right place. As in this post, we will give you a complete guide on how you can achieve that. Notably, this will give you more room to multi-task. In one monitor you can continue with your work while in the other monitor you can switch over to the lighter side, and play games.
However, point to note is that this depends on some simple settings. And with the help of this article, you will also be able to move a full-screen game over to your second monitor. This will help you to play the game while working on some of your tasks, at the same time. Note that we have provided a few of the methods. You can try any of the methods based on your convenience or whichever does the job for you. So, with that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Table of Contents
How to Move a Full-Screen Game to a Second Monitor?
Follow the methods mentioned below and see which one of the methods lets you switch over the full-screen game on to your second monitor.
Probably, one of the easier methods to transfer the game content over to a second monitor. Follow the steps below to use the projector mode.
- You have to connect the second monitor to your PC.
- Now, launch the game you want to play.
- Go to the desktop screen.
- In the desktop screen, press Windows + P button on your keyboard.
- A list of options will open up under the tab Project.
- From the options, select the PC screen only option, which is the first option.
- This will make the screen of your first monitor to go blank. However, the game will keep running on your second monitor.
At any time, you wish to head back to your primary screen, you simply need to press Windows + P button again and press the PC screen only option, once again.
Set Second Monitor As Primary Monitor
- Make sure to plug your second monitor to your PC.
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Search for Display Settings.
- Click the Display Settings option.
- Click on the Identify button to understand how your multiple monitors are numbered. Keep a note of this number.
- Go back to the Display Settings option and scroll down to the Multiple Display option.
- Tap on the Make this my main display checkbox.
How To Move Mouse Over To The Second Monitor?
Note that once the secondary monitor is set as the primary monitor, you now need your mouse to hover on both the displays. And in order to accomplish that, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Make sure that the secondary monitor is still plugged to the PC.
- Move the cursor over to the second monitor.
- Once you see the cursor on the secondary display, you will notice that it will disappear from your first monitor.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you liked this guide and were able to move the game on to the secondary monitor. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues with the above-mentioned steps. In the meantime, for more such awesome coverage, you can head over to our check out our Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media Guides, iPhone, and Android Guides to read more. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for awesome videos related to Android, iOS, and Gaming.