Have ever thought you can install Galaxy S8 Plus Stock Firmware on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus? Yes, You heard me right !! Now you can install the all new Galaxy S8 Plus Ported ROM for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. In today’s guide i will be teaching you on How to install Stock Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Install the official Galaxy S8 Plus Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
As we know Samsung launched Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus recently which has got too much hype even before the launch. The new Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus comes with great specs and impressive design which has got many features such as Always On display, Edge screen, Bixby Assistant, Bixby Vision, Face recognition, new S8 launcher, Secure Folder, Samsung Pass, Themes, Samsung Pay, New Touchwiz UX etc. Now you can enjoy most of the Galaxy S8 Plus features with this Ported Galaxy S8 Plus ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. In this Galaxy S8 Plus ported ROM for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, you can experience the all new Galaxy S8 launcher along with the latest Touchwiz interface.
Thanks to the Developer on XDA forum OttomanTR who has ported the Galaxy S8 Plus ROM for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus with . Now you can download the Galaxy S8 Plus ROM for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Follow the below guide to install Galaxy S8 ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. This ROM is built from official S8 Nougat Firmware for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. This ROM is based on Android 7.0 Nougat which comes with March Security updates for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus along with Galaxy S8 Nougat features.
This guide is simple and easy to install Galaxy S8 Ported ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Follow the simple steps carefully. To install this official S8 Nougat Firmware for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, your phone must have Custom Recovery installed on your phone.
What Is In Android 7.1 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.1 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
Supported Note 5 Device are :
SM – G928F, SM – G928C, SM – G928S, SM – G928L, SM – G928K, SM – G928G, SM – G928I
- Remember, This Guide is to convert Galaxy S6 Edge Plus into Galaxy S8 Plus
- This will work on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Device , Don’t Try this on Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can either backup your Android Phone using Titanium Backup( Required Root) or you can backup your phone without ROOT.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- Make sure to install USB Drivers on your computer
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on your Device
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on your Device
- How to Install MIUI 8 on your Device
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on your Device
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 System Dump, Stock Apps, Tones and Themes
- Download Latest Stock Wallpapers from Samsung Galaxy S8!!
- How to change boot animation on rooted android!!
- How to port Android O Pixel Launcher on Any Phone!!
- How to Install any Android APK on Android O? (external source)!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Download and Install Android O Pixel Launcher on Your Android!!
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Fix Google Play Authentication is Required Error!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
Steps for How to Install Galaxy S8 Plus Ported ROM for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom rom, its better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Galaxy S8 Plus Ported Firmware
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom rom zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Galaxy S8 Plus Ported ROM for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
Source : Link