If you love custom ROM, then you should try the new Cosmic OS on Lenovo ZUK Z1. This Custom ROM is currently developed by using the Android 9.0 Pie AOSP Source code. Full Credits to Cosmic OS and Thanks to the XDA Senior member shoaib.m for developing this ROM. Now you can download and install the Cosmic OS on Lenovo Zuk Z1.
Lenovo Zuk Z1 (ham) was launched in August 2015. The device came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Talking about the specifications, Zuk Z1 features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Zuk Z1 comes with 13MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4100 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a fingerprint sensor in the front.
To install this Custom ROM on Lenovo ZUK Z1, you need to unlock the bootloader first and then flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Once you have done that, you can easily install Cosmic OS on Lenovo Zuk Z1 without any hassle. This way you can enjoy any custom ROM on your smartphone. Follow our guide to learn how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of CosmicOS.
Table of Contents
What is Cosmic OS?
Cosmic–OS is a Custom ROM based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance, and battery life improvements. The ROM brings many new features such as Status bar customizations, Custom Quick Settings, Navigation, and Multi-Task switcher, and many new features cheri-picked from LineageOS, AOKP and more.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Cosmic OS on Lenovo Zuk Z1:
To install this ROM on your device, you need to first follow the pre-requisite and make sure to download all the required ROM and drivers.
- Supported: Lenovo Zuk Z1 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Lenovo USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Lenovo Zuk Z1. [Skip, if you already unlocked]
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Zuk Z1 [Watch Youtube Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Lenovo Zuk Z1.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Cosmic OS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Cosmic OS on Lenovo Zuk Z1 (X00TD).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Cosmic OS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Lenovo Zuk Z1
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo Zuk Z1
- Update OmniROM on Lenovo Zuk Z1
- How To Install Dirty Unicorns on Lenovo Zuk Z1
- Update CarbonROM on Lenovo Zuk Z1
- How to Install Ground Zero GZOSP For Lenovo Zuk Z1
- Download and Update PixysOS on Lenovo Zuk Z1