Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 (codename: j5y17lte) launched in June 2017. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.1 Oreo. Today we will guide on How to Install crDroid OS on Galaxy J5 2017 (j5y17lte). This Custom Firmware is based on Android 10 Q.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J5 2017. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably want to try new Custom ROM for Galaxy J5 2017.
Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 sports a 5.2 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It is powered by 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm). The device packs 16/32GB internal storage and 2/3GB of RAM. There is 256GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 13 MP with an aperture f/1.7 and a 13 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 runs Android 7.0 Nougat, upgradable to Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. The handset has a front-mounted fingerprint sensor.
What is crDroid OS:
crDroid OS is a new custom ROM based on AOSP/ Lineage OS built from scratch by adding customization option from AOSPA, Lineage, SlimROM, crDroid OS and many others great ROMs out there. The ROM brings a lot of customization option along with Pure Android Experience.
Yes, you can enjoy the real Pixel smartphone experience by flashing the crDroid OS on your phone. Here we will list all the supported smartphone which can install the crDroid OS. crDroid was first developed for HTC smartphone and later started the same project for many new smartphones.
crDroid OS Features:
- Pixel look and feel
- Lineage OS – all mods and features
- 15 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop, and Sync
- Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
- Pixel Launcher
- Default sounds from latest Nexus image
- Stability and performance improvements
- And much more
Now download and install crDroid OS on Galaxy J5 2017 (j5y17lte). This is an official crDroid OS built from scratch development. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM or any other custom ROM on Galaxy J5 2017.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- crDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM: List of Supported devices
- AOSP Android Pie 9.0 Supported devices
- Download Lineage OS 16
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List and Downloads
Steps to Install crDroid OS on Galaxy J5 2017
[su_note note_color=”#ffffc4″ text_color=”#000000″]We at Getdroidtips is not responsible for any damage caused by flashing this firmware on your device. Do it at your own risk. [/su_note]
- Supported: Galaxy J5 2017 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J5 2017
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download CRdroid ROM base:
Android 10 Q
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the crDroid OS on Galaxy J5 2017 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- How to Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Galaxy J5 2017
- List Of Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 Stock Firmware Collections
- List of Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 [Updated]
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J5 2017
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 (Android 9.0 Pie)