Google Pixel 3 XL (codename: crosshatch) launched in October 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Today we will guide on How to Install crDroid OS on Google Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch). This Custom Firmware is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3 XL. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably want to try new Custom ROM for Google Pixel 3 XL.
What is crDroid OS:
crDroid OS is a new custom ROM based on AOSP/ Lineage OS built from scratch by adding customization option from AOSPA, Lineage, SlimROM, crDroid OS and many others great ROMs out there. The ROM brings a lot of customization option along with Pure Android Experience.
Yes, you can enjoy the real Pixel smartphone experience by flashing the crDroid OS on your phone. Here we will list all the supported smartphone which can install the crDroid OS. crDroid was first developed for HTC smartphone and later started the same project for many new smartphones.
crDroid OS Features:
- Pixel look and feel
- Lineage OS - all mods and features
- 15 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop, and Sync
- Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
- Pixel Launcher
- Default sounds from the latest Nexus image
- Stability and performance improvements
- And much more
Now download and install crDroid OS on Google Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch). This is an official crDroid OS built from scratch development. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM or any other custom ROM on Google Pixel 3 XL.
Steps to Install crDroid OS on Google Pixel 3 XL based Pie
- Supported: Google Pixel 3 XL (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Google USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3 XL
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download CRdroid ROM base:
Crdroid based on Android 9.0 Pie
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
That's it! I hope you have installed the crDroid OS on Google Pixel 3 XL successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.