Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (Also known Mi CC9 in China) was launched last year in September month with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. The device later upgraded to Android 10 with MIUI 11. Today we will guide on How to Install crDroid OS on Mi 9 Lite (codenamed Pyxis). This Custom Firmware is based on Android 10 Q.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 Lite. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably want to try new Custom ROM for Mi 9 Lite.
Table of Contents
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Device Overview
It’s important that we get to know the device in the context in more detail. The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite released globally in September 2019. It runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor. The phone has a 6.3-inches AMOLED display with a pixel resolution of 1080 x 2340. Out-of-the-box the phone runs on Android 9.0 Pie along with Xiaomi’s skin MIUI 10. It only comes with a 6GB RAM variant with options for 64 GB and 128 GB of storage.
The camera department of Mi 9 Lite brings a triple camera lens of 48 (wide)+2(ultrawide)+2 MP (depth sensor). The phone also comes with a front-facing camera of 32-MP. The power backup of Mi 9 Lite comes from a Li-Po battery of 4030mAh. The device also supports fast-charging.
What is crDroid OS:
crDroid OS is a new custom ROM based on AOSP/ Lineage OS built from scratch by adding customization option from AOSPA, Lineage, SlimROM, crDroid OS and many other great ROMs out there. The ROM brings a lot of customization options along with Pure Android Experience.
Yes, you can enjoy the real Pixel smartphone experience by flashing the crDroid OS on your phone. Here we will list all the supported smartphone which can install the crDroid OS. crDroid was first developed for HTC smartphones and later started the same project for many new smartphones.
crDroid OS Features:
- Pixel look and feel
- Lineage OS – all mods and features
- 15 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop, and Sync
- Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
- Pixel Launcher
- Default sounds from the latest Nexus image
- Stability and performance improvements
- And much more
Now download and install crDroid OS on Mi 9 Lite (Pyxis). This is an official crDroid OS built from scratch development. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM or any other custom ROM on Mi 9 Lite.
Steps to Install crDroid OS on Mi 9 Lite
- Supported: Mi 9 Lite (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 Lite
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download CRdroid ROM base:
Android 10 Q
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the crDroid OS on Mi 9 Lite successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.