OnePlus 7 Pro (codename: guacamole) launched in May 2019. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. In this tutorial, we will show you how to install crDroid OS on OnePlus 7 Pro device based on Android 11.
You could now download and install the crDroid 7.x, based on the latest Android 11, onto your OnePlus 7 Pro device. This in turn will allow you to make use of a plethora of new features that the latest iteration of Android has to offer. Let’s check it out in detail.
The device comes with a 6.7-inches Fluid AMOLED Quad HD+ curved display with no notch. It has a screen resolution of 3120×1440 pixels of 516PPI along with a 90Hz refresh rate. The handset is powered by the latest flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC paired with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes in three variants of 6GB RAM+128GB storage, 8GB RAM+256GB storage, and 12GB RAM+256GB storage options. In terms of the camera department, it has a single 16MP of pop-up selfie camera with AI modes like HDR, PDAF, AI Portrait, AI Beautify mode. The primary 48MP (f/1.6) Sony IMX586 sensor + 16MP (f/2.2) Ultra-Wide sensor of a 117-degree view + an 8MP telephoto (f/2.4) lens which supports OIS with 3x optical zoom. Additionally, the rear camera has an LED flashlight with HDR, AI Portrait, Night Sight Mode, PDAF, EIS, OIS, Scene Recognition, etc.
Table of Contents
What is crDroid 7.x?
crDroid has always to be among the most feature-rich ROMs. At the same time, it has made sure that it doesn’t compromise on the stability front. All in all, a fast, smooth, and balanced ROM is on the cards. Plus the fact that it is based on the latest Android 11 straightway translates to a plentitude of goodies to the end-users. To begin with, you get a new Conversation section in the Notification Panel.
Then there’s the introduction of chat bubbles, native screen recorder, and media controls in the Quick Settings toggle. Along the same lines, the Power menu has been totally revamped with the baked-in Smart device controls. Likewise, the new One-time permissions and dark mode scheduling would also prove to be beneficial to the end-user. And you could now welcome all these features onto your device. Given below are the steps to install crDroid 7.x Android 11 ROM onto your OnePlus 7 Pro device.
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for OnePlus 7 Pro
- List Of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18 on OnePlus 7 Pro (Android 11)
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 7 Pro and Root with Magisk/SU
- Common OnePlus 7 Pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
How to Install crDroid OS on OnePlus 7 Pro based on Android 11
Before we list out the instructions, there are a few prerequisites that you need to go through. Make sure you qualify for all these requirements.
- First and foremost, create a complete device backup. This is because installing this ROM requires you to perform a reset, so you should have a backup beforehand.
- Next up, enable USB Debugging on your device. Head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Likewise, install Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- You will also have to unlock the bootloader on your device. If you haven’t done so, then refer to our detailed guide on How To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 7 Pro.
- For flashing this ROM, you will need to have the TWRP custom Recovery installed. In that case, you should refer to our guide on How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7 Pro. This linked guide also has instructions on rooting the device but you should skip it as of now. Even if you prefer to root, then you should use the below-given steps. This is because the instructions given in the linked guide is for the Stock ROM, but since here we are dealing with a custom ROM, the step might be slightly different.
Download ROM here
- You may now download the crDroid 7.x Android 11 ROM for your OnePlus 7 Pro device from below.
- Device: OnePlus 7 Pro (guacamole)
- ROM OS Version: Android 11 R
- Status: Official Stable
- Download: crDroid 7.x OnePlus 7 Pro (guacamole)
- If you prefer to install Google Apps as well, then download the GApps Package: GApps Android 11
- Likewise, for rooting the device, you should download the Magisk Installer ZIP: Magisk ZIP file
These were the required files. You may now proceed with the installation steps.
Install crDroid OS on OnePlus 7 Pro
To begin with, transfer the ROM file to your SD Card. Likewise, if you are flashing Google Apps and/or prefer to root your device, then transfer the Gapps ZIP file and/or Magisk ZIP file to the device’s SD Card as well. Once that is done, refer to the below steps:
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP:
adb reboot recovery
- You will now have to reset your device. For that, go to the Wipe section of TWRP and tap on Format Data.
- Then type in YES in the space provided and hit Enter.
- Once that is done, go to the Install section, select the crDroid 7.x ROM ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- After this, go to Reboot and tap Recovery. This is extremely important and you shouldn’t boot to OS at this point.
- Once your device reboots to TWRP, go to Install and select the GApps ZIP file. Then perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Next up, if you wish to root your device as well, then go to Install and this time flash the Magisk ZIP file.
- When that is done, you may now reboot your device to the OS. For that, go to Reboot and tap System.
That’s it. These were the steps to install crDroid 7.x based on Android 11 onto your OnePlus 7 Pro device. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up some time, it is completely normal. Furthermore, you will have to set up your device from scratch since a device wipe has taken place. With that said, if you have any other queries, do let us know in the comments. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.