Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (codename: prague) launched in January 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. Today we will guide on How to Install crDroid OS Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (prague). This Custom Firmware is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably might be waiting for Custom ROM for Huawei P8 Lite 2017. If yes, then here is the first Custom ROM based on Android Oreo was known as crDroid OS.
Table of Contents
What is crDroid OS:
crDroid OS is a new custom ROM based on AOSP/ Lineage OS built from scratch by adding customization option from AOSPA, Lineage, SlimROM, crDroid OS and many others great ROMs out there. The ROM brings a lot of customization option along with Pure Android Experience.
Yes, you can enjoy the real Pixel smartphone experience by flashing the crDroid OS on your phone. Here we will list all the supported smartphone which can install the crDroid OS. crDroid was first developed for HTC smartphone and later started the same project for many new smartphones.
crDroid OS Features:
- Pixel look and feel
- Lineage OS – all mods and features
- 15 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop, and Sync
- Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
- Pixel Launcher
- Default sounds from latest Nexus image
- Stability and performance improvements
- And much more
Now download and install crDroid OS Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (prague). This is an official crDroid OS built from scratch development. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 by flashing the Stock Firmware.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- crDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
Steps to Install crDroid OS Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite 2017
[su_note note_color=”#ffffc4″ text_color=”#000000″]We at Getdroidtips is not responsible for any damage caused by flashing this firmware on your device. Do it at your own risk. [/su_note]
- This will work on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps to Install crDroid OS Oreo on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 to Android 8.1 Oreo (prague)
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
- install TWRP Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite 2017. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below crDroid Oreo ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
List of the Supported device to receive crDroid OS Oreo Update
That’s it! I hope you have installed the crDroid OS Oreo ROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: crdroidandroid