The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 smartphone launched in 2019. It is powered by Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 chipset, 4/6 GB of RAM and 32/64/128 GB of internal storage. Today we will guide on How to Install crDroid OS on Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo). This Custom Firmware is based on Android 10 Q.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably want to try new Custom ROM for Redmi Note 8.
Table of Contents
Redmi Note 8: Device Overview
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 was announced in August 2019 which sports a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels with 409 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports a 256GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10 and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Four-camera setup with 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 13MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
What is crDroid OS:
crDroid OS is a new custom ROM based on AOSP/ Lineage OS built from scratch by adding customization options from AOSPA, Lineage, SlimROM, crDroid OS and many other great ROMs out there. The ROM brings a lot of customization options along with Pure Android Experience.
Yes, you can enjoy the real Pixel smartphone experience by flashing the crDroid OS on your phone. Here we will list all the supported smartphone which can install the crDroid OS. crDroid was first developed for HTC smartphones and later started the same project for many new smartphones.
crDroid OS Features:
- Pixel look and feel
- Lineage OS – all mods and features
- 15 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop, and Sync
- Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
- Pixel Launcher
- Default sounds from latest Nexus image
- Stability and performance improvements
- And much more
Now download and install crDroid OS on Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo). This is an official crDroid OS built from scratch development. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM or any other custom ROM on Redmi Note 8.
Steps to Install crDroid OS on Redmi Note 8
- Supported: Redmi Note 8 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download CRdroid ROM base:
Android 10 Q
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the crDroid OS on Redmi Note 8 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.