Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer) launched in January 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and will be upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Today we will guide on How to Install crDroid OS on Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer). This Custom Firmware is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XA2. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably want to try new Custom ROM for Sony Xperia XA2.
Talking about the device specifications, Xperia XA2 comes with a full HD 5.2-inch display. coming into the camera department an impressive 23 MP sensor at the rear and an 8 MP sensor for perfect selfies. Out of the box, the Xperia XA2 users can experience the latest Android Oreo operating system. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor coupled with a 3GB RAM and 32 GB ROM with expandable memory support up to 256 GB. The handset is backed by a huge 3300 mAh battery with quick charging support.
What is crDroid OS:
crDroid OS is a new custom ROM based on AOSP/ Lineage OS built from scratch by adding customization option from AOSPA, Lineage, SlimROM, crDroid OS and many others great ROMs out there. The ROM brings a lot of customization option along with Pure Android Experience.
Yes, you can enjoy the real Pixel smartphone experience by flashing the crDroid OS on your phone. Here we will list all the supported smartphone which can install the crDroid OS. crDroid was first developed for HTC smartphone and later started the same project for many new smartphones.
crDroid OS Features:
- Pixel look and feel
- Lineage OS - all mods and features
- 15 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop, and Sync
- Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
- Pixel Launcher
- Default sounds from latest Nexus image
- Stability and performance improvements
- And much more
Now download and install crDroid OS on Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer). This is an official crDroid OS built from scratch development. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM or any other custom ROM on Sony Xperia XA2.
Steps to Install crDroid OS on Sony Xperia XA2 based Pie
- Supported: Sony Xperia XA2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Sony USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XA2
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download CRdroid ROM base:
Android 9.0 Pie
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
That's it! I hope you have installed the crDroid OS on Sony Xperia XA2 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.