For long-time fans of the Pokémon franchise, Niantic’s Pokémon Go was one of the most delightful things to ever happen. Ever since its release in 2016, the game has given Pokémon lovers a chance to come as close as possible to experiencing the joy of actually catching and battling with Pokémon in the real world. Feeling like real trainers from the series, we all grew up with, to put it precisely. With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to wreak havoc across the globe, however, the developers have been making efforts to make the game more playable from home for now. Today we will discuss the Sinnoh Throwback Challenge in which the trainers will need to catch Cresselia. This guide will revolve around catching this Pokémon and making it yours.
Currently, we are at the final week of the grandest ever Special Research event ever featured in Pokémon Go until now – the Throwback Challenge 2020. You can now capture the final legendary Pokémon in the Challenge by successfully completing all the steps for the Sinnoh Throwback Challenge. This is a powerful Psychic-type Pokémon known as Cresselia. Let us take a look at the details of Cresselia in Pokémon GO, and how you can catch it in the ongoing Sinnoh Throwback Challenge.
How to catch Cresselia in a Pokémon GO?
Given below are the maximum possible stats of Cresselia in Pokémon GO:
- CP – 2857
- Attack – 152
- Defense – 258
- HP – 260
Cresselia is a contender of choice for the Ultra League, though its significance in the Master League is debatable. Completing the Sinnoh Throwback Challenge and obtaining a Cresselia of your own is a great chance to build a solid Ultra League team. It could also give you a significant advantage in the upcoming Season 2 of the Battle League.
In order to catch a Cresselia of your own, you need to complete these eight sets of Research Tasks in the Sinnoh Throwback Challenge first:
- Catch a Rock-type Pokémon – 500 Stardust
- Catch 3 Grass, Water or Fire-type Pokémon – 10 Poke Balls
- Power up a Pokémon – Burmy encounter
Rewards: Rare Candy, 2 Golden Razz Berry, Cranidos Encounter
- Catch a Grass-type Pokémon – 500 Stardust
- Take a snapshot of a Grass-type Pokémon – 5 Razz Berries
- Send a gift to a friend – Combee encounter
Rewards: Rare Candy, 2 Silver Pinap Berries, Grotle Encounter
- Catch a Fighting-type Pokémon – 500 Stardust
- Make 3 Nice throws – Magnetic Lure
- Hatch an egg – Bronzor Encounter
Rewards: Rare Candy, 2 Golden Razz Berries, Monferno Encounter
- Catch a Water-type Pokémon – 500 Stardust
- Earn a candy from walking with your buddy – 10 Great Balls
- Catch a Ground-type Pokémon – Skorupi encounter
Rewards: Rare Candy, 2 Silver Pinap Berries, Prinlup Encounter
- Catch a Ghost-type Pokémon – 500 Stardust
- Battle another trainer – Charged TM
- Use 3 Berries to help catch Pokémon – 1 Sinnoh Stone
Rewards: Rare Candy, 2 Golden Razz Berries, Drifloon Encounter
- Catch a Steel-type Pokémon – 500 Stardust
- Give 3 treats to your buddy – Hippopotas encounter
- Catch a Steel-type Pokémon – 500 Stardust
Rewards: Rare Candy, 2 Silver Pinap Berries, Shieldon Encounter
- Catch an Ice-type Pokémon – 500 Stardust
- Evolve a Pokémon – Gible encounter
- Earn a candy from walking with your buddy – Glacial Lure
Rewards: Rare Candy, 2 Golden Razz Berries, Abomasnow Encounter
- Catch an Electric-type Pokémon – 500 Stardust
- Power-up a Pokémon 3 times – Starpiece
- Make 3 Great throws – Fast TM
Rewards: Rare Candy, 2 Silver Pinap Berries, Shinx Encounter
Clain Your Rewards
- Claim reward – 3000 XP (3x)
Rewards: 10 Rare Candies, Cresselia encounter.
Like other reward encounters, the Cresselia here will not run away. So you can take your time to catch it using any berries and Poke Balls you like. The Cresselia you catch in this encounter will know the exclusive move Grass Knot. This Challenge is available to complete until May 28.
This guide was to help the players of Pokémon Go who want to get Cresselia as a part of the Sinnoh Throwback Challenge. After reading our guide, they will be able to get it.
GetDroidTips works seamlessly for you people day and night to offer the best iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, Games and Android Tips and Tricks. So it does become your duty to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Moreover, there, the benefit is yours. We are offering a $150 giveaway contest for all our subscribers who watches our videos there. Now signing off here, to prepare another best guide for you. You can also comment down below with your feedback and queries with your name and e-mail ID, and we will love to help. Wishing you all the best, Trainers!