Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Codenamed: vince) launched in February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Now you can install the Custom ROM called CypherOS on Redmi Note 5 (vince). The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and developed by richard-willes,. Full Credits to him and the team behind CypherOS.
To install CypherOS on Redmi Note 5, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new CypherOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of CypherOS.
Table of Contents
What is CypherOS?
CypherOS is a new Custom ROM and it is based on Android Open Source Code (AOSP). The ROM is an extension of pure Android and tries to maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity. CypherOS is also known as AOSCP which stands for Android Open Source CypherOS Project.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (vince)
- Common Redmi Note 5 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 [Updated]
Steps to Install CypherOS on Redmi Note 5 (vince):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi Note 5 (vince)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Make sure to download and move the file to root folder of your phone’s internal storage.
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 5.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash any Custom ROM, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- If you already have unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery then, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded CypherOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy CypherOS on Redmi Note 5 (vince).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the CypherOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.