Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD) launched in December 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called CypherOS on Zenfone Max Pro M2. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and developed by Dhairy. Full Credits to him and the team behind CypherOS.
To install CypherOS on Zenfone Max Pro M2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new CypherOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of CypherOS.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 features a 6.3-inch full-HD+ IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. It is powered by 1.95GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 512GB via microSD card. The camera on the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 flaunts with dual rear camera with the 13-MP primary sensor and a 12-MP secondary sensor and selfies, the handset features a 5-MP camera sensor. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 5,000mAh battery.
What is CypherOS?
CypherOS is a new Custom ROM and it is based on Android Open Source Code (AOSP). The ROM is an extension of pure Android and tries to maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity. CypherOS is also known as AOSCP which stands for Android Open Source CypherOS Project.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 [Updated]
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 and Root with Magisk/SU
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 based on Android 10 Q
- Common Asus Zenfone Max M2 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Steps to Install CypherOS on Zenfone Max Pro M2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Make sure to download and move the file to root folder of your phone’s internal storage.
- Download and install Asus USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash any Custom ROM, You need TWRP Recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.