Nokia 7.2 (codename: Daredevil) launched in September 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie. This guide outlines the steps to install the DerpFest ROM for Nokia 7.2 (Daredevil) based on Android 10 Q. There are a lot of things that you could do once you jump over the ships to the Android ecosystem. The open-world OS from Google allows for tons of customizations to be carried out. Every day, users take full use of this by installing new launchers, themes, icon packs, etc. whereas others go a step further and install an altogether new OS onto their device. This new OS takes the form of a custom ROM. But why will anyone go for it? Well, the reasons are aplenty.
To begin with, there are tons of new features added in these ROMs, that may not be present in the stock OS shipped by the manufacturer. Apart from that, these ROMs also get updated weekly, bringing new features, stability improvements, and bug fixes to the fore. And if you are a proud owner of Nokia 7.2, there’s some good news for you. A custom ROM named DerpFest based on Android 10 is available for Nokia 7.2 devices. In this tutorial, we will talk about the features of this ROM, the steps to install it, and what’s new in Android 10 Q. So without much waiting, let’s start.
Nokia 7.2 Specification:
The Nokia 7.2 smartphone sports a 6.3-inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2280 pixels resolution. The display also features HDR10, Always-on display mode, and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC, coupled with Adreno 512 GPU. It packs 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage option. There is a dedicated MicroSD card slot for the storage expansion up to 512GB.
It runs on Android One program based Android 9 Pie and packs a non-removable 3,500mAh battery with 10W charging. In terms of the camera department, the handset packs a triple rear camera setup of a 48MP primary wide-angle camera with an f/1.8 aperture lens, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an f/2.2 aperture lens, and a 5MP depth sensor. While the front features a 20MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
It has connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C port, etc. While the phone features an accelerometer, ambient light, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
What is DerpFest ROM:
Another of the custom ROM to make its way over to Nokia 7.2, DerpFest ROM, is the latest addition to the community. It is based on Android 10 and brings tons of goodies with itself. These include themes in the form of new system fonts, new system icon shapes, new background colors, new additions to the status bar, changes to the quick settings panel, ability to modify on-screen keys, mapping hardware keys, tons of modifications the lock screen and notifications and additions of new animations are just some of the new features to be welcomed in this ROM.
[su_spoiler title=”Features of DerpFest ROM”]
– Styles Configuration Menu
– 4 System Icon Shapes
– 43 System Fonts
– 7 Primary Colors (Backgrund Colors)
– 6 Lockscreen Clock Styles
– Wallpaper Picker
– RGB Accent Picker
– Rounded Corners
– System Icons
– StatusBar Logo
– Network Traffic Display
– Battery Percent Show/Hide Config
– Show Clock
– Show Date
– Carrier Label Settings
– Statusbar Pulldown (Left/Right)
– QS Opacity & Color Configs
– QS Backround Image Blur
– Brightness Slider
– Tiles Area
– Footers Area
– Header Area
– NavBar (Enable/Disable)
– Screen Off Power Button Torch
– Volume Settings
– Hardware Keys
– Prevent Accidential Touch
– Enable On-Screen Navbar
– Enable backlight
-Hardware Keys Customisation
– AOSP Gestures
– Back Gesture Height Config
– Toggle To Hide Navbar Pill
– Double Tap To Sleep Status Bar
– Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
– Three Finger Swipe To Screenshot
– Fingerprint Authentication Vibration Toggle
– Ambient Brightness
– Lock Screen Shortcuts
– Status bar visibility toggle
– Hide LockScreen Icon
– Lockscreen Charging Info
– Show Battery Bar
– Clock/Date/Owner Info Options
– Lock Screen Music Visualizer
– Lock Screen Media Artwork Configs
– Disable PowerMenu When Locked
– Power Menu Items
– Notification Light
– Battery Charging Light
– Charging Animations
– Show Gentle Notifications
– Force Expanded Notifications
– Edge Lighting
– Noisy Notifications
– In Call Vibration Options
– Animation Duration
– Disable Transition Animations
– ListView Animations
– Wake On Charge
– Brightness Control
– Signature Spoofing Support
– Time In State Monitor
– Doze Settings
Furthermore, the DerpFest ROM for Nokia 7.2 (Daredevil) comes in two builds, one with GApps included, and the other is the Vanilla build. The former brings many of the Google Apps to your device. However, if, for some reason, you wish to have a clean, Google free experience, you could go for the Vanilla build. We will be sharing the downloading links and the installation steps for both, but before that, let us check out what’s new in Android 10.Related Post
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Nokia 7.2 based on Android 10 Q
- How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Nokia 7.2
- List of Best Custom ROM for Nokia 7.2 [Updated]
- Common Problems in Nokia 7.2 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q for Nokia 7.2
Here are some of the screenshots from the DerpFest ROM for Nokia 7.2, check out:
Steps to Install DerpFest ROM On Nokia 7.2
Till now, we have discussed the new features of this ROM and the new features belonging to Android 10. Let’s now check out the steps to install the DerpFest ROM on the Nokia 7.2 device. Before that, don’t forget to check out the requirements section mentioned below.
- Required Drivers: Download Nokia USB Drivers
- First of all, create a complete backup of your device.
- Next up, make sure the Nokia 7.2 bootloader is unlocked.
- Download and install the Android SDK and Platform Tools on your PC for executing fastboot commands.
- Make sure you are having the TWRP Recovery or Orange Fox Recovery installed on your device.
- DerpFest ROM for Nokia 7.2: Download ROM
Instructions for a Fresh Install:
- Boot your device to TWRP Recovery using the hardware key combinations for your device.
- Inside the recovery, tap on Wipe and select System, Vendor, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache. Perform a right swipe to confirm the wipe.
- Go back to the home screen, tap on Install, and select the DerpFest ROM for your Nokia 7.2 device.
- Once done, head back to the home screen, tap on Format Data.
- Now, head over to the Reboot option and tap on Recovery. If you wish to root your device(optional), head to Install, select the Magisk ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Finally, head over to Reboot and tap on System to boot your device to the newly installed OS.
Instructions to Update the ROM:
As and when you receive a new update for the ROM, you could perform a dirty flash as follows:
- Head over to TWRP Recovery and go to Wipe. Select Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Go back to Install and select the updated DerpFestROM file for your Nokia 7.2 device. Perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Now, if you wish to root your device as well, head back to Reboot and choose Recovery. Once it reboots to TWRP recovery, go to Install and select the Magisk zip file. Perform a right swipe to flash it onto your device.
- Finally, head back to Reboot and select the System. Your device will now boot to the updated OS.
With that, we conclude this guide on the steps to install the DerpFest ROM based on Android 10 Q on your Nokia 7.2 (Daredevil) device. We have also discussed in-depth the steps for a clean install and as well as a dirty flash/update. If you still have any queries, do drop in your queries in the comments section below. Just keep this in mind. The first boot after flashing the ROM or updating it usually takes some time, so please be patient during the first boot. With that said, also check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks section.