Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (codename: Whyred) launched in February 2018 with Android 7.1.2 Nougat out of the box and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. This guide outlines the steps to install the DerpFest ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro based on Android 11 R. There are a lot of things that you could do once you jump over the ships to the Android ecosystem. The open-world OS from Google allows for tons of customizations to be carried out. Every day, users take full use of this by installing new launchers, themes, icon packs, etc. whereas others go a step further and install an altogether new OS onto their device. This new OS takes the form of a custom ROM. But why will anyone go for it? Well, the reasons are aplenty.
Talking about the specifications, Redmi Note 5 Pro features a 5.99-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with 12+5MP and 20MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is DerpFest ROM:
Another of the custom ROM to make its way over to Redmi Note 5 Pro, DerpFest ROM, is the latest addition to the community. It is based on Android 10 and brings tons of goodies with itself. These include themes in the form of new system fonts, new system icon shapes, new background colors, new additions to the status bar, changes to the quick settings panel, ability to modify on-screen keys, mapping hardware keys, tons of modifications to the lock screen and notifications and additions of new animations are just some of the new features to be welcomed in this ROM.
[su_spoiler title=”Features of DerpFest ROM”]
– Styles Configuration Menu
– 4 System Icon Shapes
– 43 System Fonts
– 7 Primary Colors (Backgrund Colors)
– 6 Lockscreen Clock Styles
– Wallpaper Picker
– RGB Accent Picker
– Rounded Corners
– System Icons
– StatusBar Logo
– Network Traffic Display
– Battery Percent Show/Hide Config
– Show Clock
– Show Date
– Carrier Label Settings
– Statusbar Pulldown (Left/Right)
– QS Opacity & Color Configs
– QS Backround Image Blur
– Brightness Slider
– Tiles Area
– Footers Area
– Header Area
– NavBar (Enable/Disable)
– Screen Off Power Button Torch
– Volume Settings
– Hardware Keys
– Prevent Accidential Touch
– Enable On-Screen Navbar
– Enable backlight
-Hardware Keys Customisation
– AOSP Gestures
– Back Gesture Height Config
– Toggle To Hide Navbar Pill
– Double Tap To Sleep Status Bar
– Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
– Three Finger Swipe To Screenshot
– Fingerprint Authentication Vibration Toggle
– Ambient Brightness
– Lock Screen Shortcuts
– Status bar visibility toggle
– Hide LockScreen Icon
– Lockscreen Charging Info
– Show Battery Bar
– Clock/Date/Owner Info Options
– Lock Screen Music Visualizer
– Lock Screen Media Artwork Configs
– Disable PowerMenu When Locked
– Power Menu Items
– Notification Light
– Battery Charging Light
– Charging Animations
– Show Gentle Notifications
– Force Expanded Notifications
– Edge Lighting
– Noisy Notifications
– In Call Vibration Options
– Animation Duration
– Disable Transition Animations
– ListView Animations
– Wake On Charge
– Brightness Control
– Signature Spoofing Support
– Time In State Monitor
– Doze Settings
Furthermore, the DerpFest ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro (Whyred) comes in two builds, one with GApps included, and the other is the Vanilla build. The former brings many of the Google Apps to your device. However, if, for some reason, you wish to have a clean, Google free experience, you could go for the Vanilla build. We will be sharing the downloading links and the installation steps for both, but before that, let us check out what’s new in Android 11.
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Common Redmi Note 5 pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Lineage OS 18.1 for Redmi Note 5 Pro (Download and Install)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro [Updated]
Here are some of the screenshots from the DerpFest ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro, check out:
Steps to Install DerpFest ROM on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Till now, we have discussed the new features of this ROM and the new features belonging to Android 11. Let’s now check out the steps to install the DerpFest ROM on the Redmi Note 5 Pro device. Before that, don’t forget to check out the requirements section mentioned below.
- Required Drivers: Download Android USB Drivers
- First of all, create a complete backup of your device.
- Next up, make sure the Redmi Note 5 Pro bootloader is unlocked.
- Download and install the Android SDK and Platform Tools on your PC for executing fastboot commands.
- Make sure you are having the TWRP Recovery or Orange Fox Recovery installed on your device.
- Download ROM Files:
Android 11 Base Download | Android 11 Gapps
Instructions for a Fresh Install:
- Boot your device to TWRP Recovery using the hardware key combinations for your device.
- Inside the recovery, tap on Wipe and select System, Vendor, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache. Perform a right swipe to confirm the wipe.
- Go back to the home screen, tap on Install, and select the DerpFest ROM for your Redmi Note 5 Pro device.
- Once done, head back to the home screen, tap on Format Data.
- Now, head over to the Reboot option and tap on Recovery. If you wish to root your device(optional), head to Install, select the Magisk ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Finally, head over to Reboot and tap on System to boot your device to the newly installed OS.
Instructions to Update the ROM:
As and when you receive a new update for the ROM, you could perform a dirty flash as follows:
- Head over to TWRP Recovery and go to Wipe. Select Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Go back to Install and select the updated DerpFestROM file for your Redmi Note 5 Pro device. Perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Now, if you wish to root your device as well, head back to Reboot and choose Recovery. Once it reboots to TWRP recovery, go to Install and select the Magisk zip file. Perform a right swipe to flash it onto your device.
- Finally, head back to Reboot and select the System. Your device will now boot to the updated OS.
With that, we conclude this guide on the steps to install the DerpFest ROM based on Android 10 Q on your Redmi Note 5 Pro (Whyred) device. We have also discussed in-depth the steps for a clean install and as well as a dirty flash/update. If you still have any queries, do drop in your queries in the comments section below. Just keep this in mind. The first boot after flashing the ROM or updating it usually takes some time, so please be patient during the first boot. With that said, also check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks section.