Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (codename: X01BD) launched in December 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. This guide outlines the steps to install the DerpFest ROM for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (codenamed: X01BD) based on Android 11. There are a lot of things that you could do once you jump over the ships to the Android ecosystem. The open-world OS from Google allows for tons of customizations to be carried out. Every day, users take full use of this by installing new launchers, themes, icon packs, etc. whereas others go a step further and install an altogether new OS onto their device. This new OS takes the form of a custom ROM. But why will anyone go for it? Well, the reasons are aplenty.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 features a 6.3-inch full-HD+ IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. It is powered by a 1.95GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 512GB via microSD card. The camera on the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 flaunts with a dual rear camera with a 13-MP primary sensor and a 12-MP secondary sensor and selfies, the handset features a 5-MP camera sensor. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 5,000mAh battery.
What is DerpFest ROM:
Another of the custom ROM to make its way over to Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2, DerpFest ROM, is the latest addition to the community. It is based on Android 10 and brings tons of goodies with itself. These include themes in the form of new system fonts, new system icon shapes, new background colors, new additions to the status bar, changes to the quick settings panel, ability to modify on-screen keys, mapping hardware keys, tons of modifications the lock screen and notifications and additions of new animations are just some of the new features to be welcomed in this ROM.
[su_spoiler title=”Features of DerpFest ROM”]
– Styles Configuration Menu
– 4 System Icon Shapes
– 43 System Fonts
– 7 Primary Colors (Backgrund Colors)
– 6 Lockscreen Clock Styles
– Wallpaper Picker
– RGB Accent Picker
– Rounded Corners
– System Icons
– StatusBar Logo
– Network Traffic Display
– Battery Percent Show/Hide Config
– Show Clock
– Show Date
– Carrier Label Settings
– Statusbar Pulldown (Left/Right)
– QS Opacity & Color Configs
– QS Backround Image Blur
– Brightness Slider
– Tiles Area
– Footers Area
– Header Area
– NavBar (Enable/Disable)
– Screen Off Power Button Torch
– Volume Settings
– Hardware Keys
– Prevent Accidential Touch
– Enable On-Screen Navbar
– Enable backlight
-Hardware Keys Customisation
– AOSP Gestures
– Back Gesture Height Config
– Toggle To Hide Navbar Pill
– Double Tap To Sleep Status Bar
– Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
– Three Finger Swipe To Screenshot
– Fingerprint Authentication Vibration Toggle
– Ambient Brightness
– Lock Screen Shortcuts
– Status bar visibility toggle
– Hide LockScreen Icon
– Lockscreen Charging Info
– Show Battery Bar
– Clock/Date/Owner Info Options
– Lock Screen Music Visualizer
– Lock Screen Media Artwork Configs
– Disable PowerMenu When Locked
– Power Menu Items
– Notification Light
– Battery Charging Light
– Charging Animations
– Show Gentle Notifications
– Force Expanded Notifications
– Edge Lighting
– Noisy Notifications
– In Call Vibration Options
– Animation Duration
– Disable Transition Animations
– ListView Animations
– Wake On Charge
– Brightness Control
– Signature Spoofing Support
– Time In State Monitor
– Doze Settings
Furthermore, the DerpFest ROM for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD) comes in two builds, one with GApps included, and the other is the Vanilla build. The former brings many of the Google Apps to your device. However, if, for some reason, you wish to have a clean, Google free experience, you could go for the Vanilla build. We will be sharing the downloading links and the installation steps for both, but before that, let us check out what’s new in Android 11.Related Post
- List of Best Custom ROM for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 [Updated]
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 and Root with Magisk/SU
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 based on Android 10 Q
- Common Asus Zenfone Max M2 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Here are some of the screenshots from the DerpFest ROM for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2, check out:
Steps to Install DerpFest ROM on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
Till now, we have discussed the new features of this ROM and the new features belonging to Android 11. Let’s now check out the steps to install the DerpFest ROM on the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 device. Before that, don’t forget to check out the requirements section mentioned below.
- Required Drivers: Download Asus USB Drivers
- First of all, create a complete backup of your device.
- Next up, make sure the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 bootloader is unlocked.
- Download and install the Android SDK and Platform Tools on your PC for executing fastboot commands.
- Make sure you are having the TWRP Recovery or Orange Fox Recovery installed on your device.
- Download ROM Files:
Android 11 Base Download ROM | Android 11 Gapps Android 10 Base Download ROM | Android 10 Gapps
Instructions for a Fresh Install:
- Boot your device to TWRP Recovery using the hardware key combinations for your device.
- Inside the recovery, tap on Wipe and select System, Vendor, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache. Perform a right swipe to confirm the wipe.
- Go back to the home screen, tap on Install, and select the DerpFest ROM for your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 device.
- Once done, head back to the home screen, tap on Format Data.
- Now, head over to the Reboot option and tap on Recovery. If you wish to root your device(optional), head to Install, select the Magisk ZIP file and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Finally, head over to Reboot and tap on System to boot your device to the newly installed OS.
Instructions to Update the ROM:
As and when you receive a new update for the ROM, you could perform a dirty flash as follows:
- Head over to TWRP Recovery and go to Wipe. Select Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Go back to Install and select the updated DerpFestROM file for your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 device. Perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Now, if you wish to root your device as well, head back to Reboot and choose Recovery. Once it reboots to TWRP recovery, go to Install and select the Magisk zip file. Perform a right swipe to flash it onto your device.
- Finally, head back to Reboot and select the System. Your device will now boot to the updated OS.
With that, we conclude this guide on the steps to install the DerpFest ROM based on Android 10 Q on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD) device. We have also discussed in-depth the steps for a clean install and as well as a dirty flash/update. If you still have any queries, do drop in your queries in the comments section below. Just keep this in mind. The first boot after flashing the ROM or updating it usually takes some time, so please be patient during the first boot. With that said, also check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks section.