The 2019’s Call of Duty Modern Warfare was one of the popular video games to date those who love to play first-person shooter games. It’s available for Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One platforms but unfortunately, the PC game seems to be more buggy and full of issues. Plenty of players are reporting that the game is crashing with DirectX Dev Error 5761 notice which is irritating. If you also keep getting Dev Error 5761 DirectX on Call of Duty Modern Warfare, then check how to fix this issue.
Previously, we’ve shared with you some of the possible workarounds that may fix some other Dev Error issues like Dev Error 1110, 6071, 5758, 5476, 740, 5757 codes on COD Modern Warfare and Warzone. Now, the COD MW players are experiencing a new DirectX Dev Error 5761 issue whenever launching the PC game or even during the gameplay. So, without wasting more time, let’s jump into the troubleshooting steps below. These are the possible solutions that you should try for once.
Table of Contents
- 1 Steps to Fix Dev Error 5761 DirectX on Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- 1.1 1. Disable Crossplay
- 1.2 2. Set Lower Game Settings
- 1.3 3. Disable Asus Strix Monitoring Software
- 1.4 4. Try Checking Compatibility
- 1.5 5. Disable OBS (Fix Dev Error 5761 DirectX on Modern Warfare)
- 1.6 6. Disable Overlay Apps
- 1.7 7. Disable GeForce Experience
- 1.8 8. Disable Discord Overlay
- 1.9 9. Disable Game Bar on Windows
- 1.10 10. Disable Spotify Layout
- 1.11 11. Rollback Graphics Driver to Previous Version
Steps to Fix Dev Error 5761 DirectX on Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Microsoft DirectX is a collection of app programming interfaces for carrying tasks related to multimedia, most importantly video games & programming on Microsoft platforms. So, it’s quite clear that the DirectX Dev Error 5761 is related to the DirectX issue that causing error while launching the Modern Warfare game or even between the gameplay.
Before heading over to the possible methods, make sure that your Windows OS and graphics drivers are fully updated to its latest version.
1. Disable Crossplay
There is no specific information or reason available yet that is actually causing the trouble to this game. However, the disabling Crossplay option may fix this issue to some of the players most probably as it can be one of the reasons to crash the game on Windows PC. In order to disable the Crossplay option, follow the steps below:
- Head over to the in-game Options.
- Click on the Account tab > Switch the Crossplay option to Disable.
- Reboot your game and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
If not, then follow the next method.
2. Set Lower Game Settings
All of us always try to increase the graphics settings and turn up everything in the game option to get the most out of it. But most of the time, it can cause slower gameplay, frame drops, glitches, hiccups, slow reaction time, graphical errors, and even game crashing as well. So, make sure to turn down the game settings to its average or lower level for optimal game performance.
You can also set the FPS (Frames Per Second) limit to 60 until you will get any official hotfix or any permanent solution. In order to do this:
- Lower the FPS Settings to 60fps.
- Lower the game Textures from High to Normal mode.
3. Disable Asus Strix Monitoring Software
All the Asus Strix Monitoring Software users should have to disable it before the launch of Call of Duty Modern Warfare and during the gameplay as well. Once you finished & closed the game, you can enable the Strix Monitoring app again.
4. Try Checking Compatibility
If you’re facing the DirectX Dev Error 5761 on the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game, then you will need to check the compatibility of the game with your Windows at first.
- Just head over to the game file (.exe).
- Right-click on the .exe file > Click on Properties > Select Compatibility > Click on Run this program as an administrator > Select Apply.
5. Disable OBS (Fix Dev Error 5761 DirectX on Modern Warfare)
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a free and open-source cross-platform streaming and recording program that’s available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux. So, most of the professional gamers stream their games or record their games for uploading or social media. This program takes a lot of CPU and memory as well in the background and most importantly while using it.
So, if you’re also using this software during gameplay or it’s running in the background all the time, then we will recommend you to disable or completely close the software for maximum performance and result in Call of Duty Modern Warfare gameplay.
6. Disable Overlay Apps
If you’re using any software or program with overlay features just like Nvidia GeForce Experience or Windows Game Bar, then you should turn it off or disable the overlay apps from the software. Some times it can cause the Dev Error related issues on your system. If don’t know about Overlay options, it basically offers some of the useful features like video/audio recording, taking screenshots, share menu, instant replay, notifications, broadcasting, and more.
7. Disable GeForce Experience
As mentioned above, all the overlay options offer plenty of useful features but these features always run in the background that consumes memory a lot and may occur Dev Errors. So, if you don’t use these features, then you should disable the Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay.
8. Disable Discord Overlay
The Discord Overlay helps the hardcore gamers to use the Discord Voice & Text options to communicate with other players during the gameplay. It also lets you run certain features like Discord chat, answers Discord calls, joining groups, customizing the gaming interface, etc. However, the Discord Overlay can become more distracting especially in the battle royale games and can also cause Dev Errors. So, you can disable Discord Overlay if you don’t use it that much.
9. Disable Game Bar on Windows
Microsoft’s Game Bar is a feature that helps the professional or hardcore games to record game footage, broadcasts, and taking screenshots, and more. Just like other overlay programs, the Game Bar can also cause issues with the Dev Error 5761 DirectX on Modern Warfare. So, let’s take a look at the steps below to disable it.
- Click on the Start menu icon.
- Then click on the Settings menu (cog icon).
- Select Gaming > Turn off the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar toggle.
- Now, click on the Captures category from the left-pane.
- Make sure that the Background recording option is turned off.
- Now, try to launch the Modern Warfare game to check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
10. Disable Spotify Layout
Spotify is one of the most popular online media service providers. The service app has an overlay feature that offers plenty of options to play with it. However, if you don’t use these features, make sure to turn it off for maximum system performance. In order to disable the Spotify layout:
- Click on Start menu the PC.
- Launch the Spotify app or the desktop shortcut.
- Click on Edit on the top of the window.
- Next, click on Preferences.
- Form the Preferences interface, head over to the Display Options.
- Turn off the Show desktop overlay when disabled toggle.
- You’re done. Now, check whether you can launch and play the game properly or not.
11. Rollback Graphics Driver to Previous Version
As we’ve already mentioned that the graphics driver version should be updated whenever available, it’s also worth mentioning that some times the latest update can bring bugs or performance issues. If in case, you’ve recently updated the graphics driver version on your system and started facing the issue, then it’s most probably the graphics driver problem and you should rollback the version. Check the guide here.