Google Nexus 5X (codename: bullhead) was launched in September 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. You can enjoy the new update in the form of Custom ROM. For more information read the difference between Stock ROM and custom ROM. Finally, Dirty Unicorn Oreo ROM is now available for Nexus 5X. If you want to enjoy real baked sweet of Android 8.1 Oreo, then you must try out the Dirty Unicorns Oreo on Nexus 5X.
Dirty Unicorns ROM is one of the best custom ROM which is built from AOSP. The project was originally started by Alex Cruz aka Mazda in the year 2012. The ROM was first based off AOKP and later moved to AOSP tree to continue the work for a long run. This Custom ROM comes with many features such as:
- Full rootless Substratum support
- Statusbar Customization
- Quick Settings Tweaks
- Gesture Support and many other tweaks
Full Credits to Alex Cruz and the team behind the DU for bringing the much awaited Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM for Nexus 5X with Android 8.1 Oreo. By installing this ROM, you can enjoy the latest version of Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Nexus 5X.
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 for Google Nexus 5X (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Nexus 5X
- List of Best Custom ROM for Google Nexus 5X [Updated]
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Nexus 5X
Dirty Unicorns Oreo on Nexus 5X (bullhead)
Here you can download and install the latest Dirty Unicorns Oreo on Nexus 5X based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver. The ROM is based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo, Before moving to installation part, let me brief the new changes in Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Changes and Update to Android 8.1 Oreo:
If you want to install Dirty Unicorns Oreo on Nexus 5X, you must first Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery. If you are already running any custom ROM or any builds, then we recommend you to clean flash, wipe data and system before flashing Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on your phone. Here is the statement from Alex Cruz:[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]This means that if you dare to dirty flash said builds on top of anything else, you’ll be met with a black screen. It won’t boot. This is intended because we want our users to get the very best experience. We want you to start off the right foot and thus forcing you to clean flash. Moving forward on to weeklies and other official builds, you won’t need to clean flash if you’re still in the official build.[/su_note]
- Supported: Nexus 5X (Check the List of Supported Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Google USB Drivers
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Nexus 5X:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 5X
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Nexus 5X. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Dirty Unicorns Oreo for Nexus 5X.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
Required ROM FILES
Download Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Dirty Unicorns Oreo on Nexus 5X. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: NurKeinNeid