Lenovo ZUK Z2 (codename: z2_plus) features a 5″ display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and upgraded to Android Nougat. Now we have a good news! Finally, Dirty Unicorn Oreo ROM is now available for Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus). If you want to enjoy real baked sweet of Android 8.1 Oreo, then you must try out the Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus). The ROM currently comes with version Dirty Unicorns v12 (DU12).
Currently, this ROM is in an Unofficial version developed by XDA Senior member MR.HACKER5476 on the XDA forum. Full Credits to him, developer and team behind Dirty Unicorns.
Talking about the other specs specifications, Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) was launched in May 2016. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with 3 and 4GB of RAM variant. The phone packs 64 GB internal memory. The camera on the Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) sports with 13 MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
Dirty Unicorns ROM is one of the best custom ROM which is built from AOSP. The project was originally started by Alex Cruz aka Mazda in the year 2012. The ROM was first based off AOKP and later moved to AOSP tree to continue the work for a long run. This Custom ROM comes with many features such as
- Full rootless Substratum support
- Statusbar Customization
- Quick Settings Tweaks
- Gesture Support and many other tweaks
Full Credits to Alex Cruz and the team behind the DU for bringing the much awaited Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM for Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) with V12 (Version DU12). By installing this ROM, you can enjoy the latest version of Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus).
Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) (z2_plus)
Here you can download and install the latest Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver. The ROM is based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo, Before moving to installation part, let me brief the new changes in Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Changes and Update to Android 8.1 Oreo:
If you want to install Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus), you must first Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery. If you are already running any custom ROM or any builds, then we recommend you to clean flash, wipe data and system before flashing Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on your phone. Here is the statement from Alex Cruz:
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]This means that if you dare to dirty flash said builds on top of anything else, you’ll be met with a black screen. It won’t boot. This is intended because we want our users to get the very best experience. We want you to start off the right foot and thus forcing you to clean flash. Moving forward on to weeklies and other official builds, you won’t need to clean flash if you’re still in the official build.[/su_note]
- Supported: Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) (Check the List of Supported Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
—–> How to Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus):
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus). Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Dirty Unicorns 12 (DU12) for Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus).
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
Required ROM FILES
Download Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus). Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page