Samsung Galaxy A5 2015 (codename: a5lte) launched in October 2014 which came out of the box with Android 4.4.4 KitKat and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then you can try the latest Custom ROM called dotOS on Galaxy A5 2015. The ROM is based on the latest AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. You can simply follow this guide to install the dotOS on Galaxy A5 2015 (a5lte).
If you would like to try dotOS on Galaxy A5 2015 device, then Unlock Bootloader and Install the latest TWRP Recovery. If you experience any error while installing, then please make sure to download the latest TWRP image to enjoy smooth installation. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about What is dotOS and their feature.
What is dotOS?
dotOS is a simple abbreviation of the term Droid On Time Operating System. It is developed by a community and team members: Ganesh Varma and Kuber Sharma. The ROM brings many new tweaks and features and also merged some features from Best Custom ROM.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called dotOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the dotOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then make sure to read our article about the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you already have a custom ROM on Galaxy A5 2015, then we can assure that dotOS is the best Custom ROM. The ROM brings many features along with good battery backup and performance. As we said, this ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s in Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install dotOS on Galaxy A5 2015:
Make sure to read the instructions carefully before upgrading your Galaxy A5 2015 to DotOS.
- Supported device: Galaxy A5 2015 (a5lte)
- Make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more before doing any setup.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this custom firmware on Galaxy A5 2015
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- You should unlock the bootloader on Galaxy A5 2015.
- Download and Install Galaxy A5 2015 TWRP Recovery.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and dotOS ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the dotOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the dotOS on Galaxy A5 2015 (a5lte).
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the dotOS on Galaxy A5 2015. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- How to Install AOSP Android 10 Q update for Galaxy A5 2015
- Download and Update ArrowOS on Samsung Galaxy A5 2015 with Android 10 Q
- Download Lineage OS 17 for Samsung Galaxy A5 based on Android 10 Q
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy A5 (2015) (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy A5 (2015)