Samsung Galaxy S7 (codename: herolte) launched in February 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then you can try the latest Custom ROM dotOS on Galaxy S7. The ROM is based on the latest AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo and currently unofficial. You can simply follow this guide to install the dotOS on Galaxy S7 (herolte).
Samsung Galaxy S7 features a 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S7 comes with 12MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera.
If you would like to try dotOS on Galaxy S7 device, then Unlock Bootloader and Install the latest TWRP Recovery. If you experience any error while installing, then please make sure to download the latest TWRP image to enjoy smooth installation. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Samsung Galaxy S7. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the dotOS and it’s feature.
Table of Contents
What is dotOS?
dotOS is a simple abbreviation of the term Droid On Time Operating System. The ROM is developed by XDA member PureEnergyy, in XDA forum. The main developer behind the dotOS community and team members are: Ganesh Varma and Kuber Sharma. The ROM brings many new tweaks and features and also merged some features from Best Custom ROM.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called dotOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the dotOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
Features of dotOS:
- Status Bar Tweaks: You can change the clock and date position, Battery icon style, status bar icons, and other miscellaneous.
- Navigation Bar Customization: Resize, Smartbar tweaks and also you can change to Fling and other DUI nav tweaks
- Quick Settings: You have brightness slider toggle, change tiles color, quick and smart pull down and many more.
- Recent Menu: Show memory bar, immersive recent option along with clear all button.
- Lockscreen Customization: Double tap to sleep and other lock screen features.
- Buttons: you can customize the power menu, H/W Keys, and Volume Button tweaks
- Miscellaneous: Battery light charging customizations, App Ops, and many other features.
Steps to Install dotOS on Galaxy S7:
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then make sure to read our article about the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you already have a custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7, then we can assure that dotOS is the best Custom ROM. The ROM brings many features along with good battery backup and performance. Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
- Supported: Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Samsung Galaxy S7:
- First of all, install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S7. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below DotOS 8.1 Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo based Pixel Experience ROM on Galaxy S7
- Download and Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Galaxy S7 [Android 8.1]
- How To Install Official AOSPExtended ROM For Galaxy S7 (herolte)
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Stock Firmware Collections
Required ROM FILES
Download Any Of the Gapps Below
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
That’s it! I hope you have installed the dotOS on Galaxy S7. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.