Lenovo Z5s launched in December 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then you can try the latest Custom ROM called dotOS on Lenovo Z5s. The ROM is based on the latest AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. You can simply follow this guide to install the dotOS on Lenovo Z5s.
If you would like to try dotOS on Lenovo Z5s device, then Unlock Bootloader and Install the latest TWRP Recovery. If you experience any error while installing, then please make sure to download the latest TWRP image to enjoy smooth installation. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about What is dotOS and their feature.
Lenovo Z5s is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 10 nm chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an 256GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under ZUI 10 and backed by a 3300 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Triple-camera setup with 16MP + 8MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 16MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Lenovo Z5s come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Table of Contents
What is dotOS?
dotOS is a simple abbreviation of the term Droid On Time Operating System. It is developed by a community and team members: Ganesh Varma and Kuber Sharma. The ROM brings many new tweaks and features and also merged some features from Best Custom ROM.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called dotOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the dotOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then make sure to read our article about the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you already have a custom ROM on Lenovo Z5s, then we can assure that dotOS is the best Custom ROM. The ROM brings many features along with good battery backup and performance. As we said, this ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s in Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install dotOS on Lenovo Z5s:
Make sure to read the instructions carefully before upgrading your Lenovo Z5s to DotOS.
- Supported: Lenovo Z5s
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- Your device should be bootloader unlocked.
- If your device supports TWRP Recovery, then you can follow the first method to flash via TWRP. If not, then install via ADB.
- Guide to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z5s.
Download Required Files:
- You should install Lenovo USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- DotOS GSI Treble zip file: Download
- Download any Gapps file: [Only needed if you flash GSI image without Gapps]
Instructions to Install via TWRP Recovery
If the TWRP is supported on your device, then you can flash the dotOS GSI on Lenovo Z5s following this method.
- You need to first install any treble supported ROM on your device.
- Now make sure download the appropriate zip of GSI for your device (i.e. A or A/B)
- In your TWRP, [ boot into TWRP Recovery] You need to wipe: Dalvik and Cache
- You can flash the GSI (system image) from recovery
- To do that, install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Reboot & Enjoy
Instructions to Install via ADB Sideload
If TWRP is not supported on your device, then you can flash the dotOS GSI on Lenovo Z5s by ADB and Fastboot tool.
- First of all, make sure to download ADB on your PC
- Now follow our guide to install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
I hope this guide was helpful to install the dotOS on Lenovo Z5s based on Project Treble GSI images.
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q for Lenovo Z5s
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z5s and Root using Magisk/SU
- How to Install Stock ROM on Lenovo Z5s [Firmware Flash File]
- Common Lenovo Z5s Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Lenovo Z5s | Android 10 Q
- List of Best Custom ROM for Lenovo Z5s [Updated]