Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (codename: begonia) launched in August 2019. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then you can try the latest Custom ROM called dotOS on Redmi Note 8 Pro. The ROM is based on the latest AOSP Android 11 R. You can simply follow this guide to install the dotOS on Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia).
If you would like to try dotOS on Redmi Note 8 Pro device, then Unlock Bootloader and Install the latest TWRP Recovery. If you experience any error while installing, then please make sure to download the latest TWRP image to enjoy smooth installation. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about What is dotOS and their feature.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered by a Mediatek Helio G90T (12nm) chipset coupled with 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an 256GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10 and backed by a 4500 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Four-camera setup with 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 20MP lens. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
What is dotOS?
dotOS is a simple abbreviation of the term Droid On Time Operating System. It is developed by a community and team members: Ganesh Varma and Kuber Sharma. The ROM brings many new tweaks and features and also merged some features from Best Custom ROM.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called dotOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the dotOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then make sure to read our article about the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you already have a custom ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro, then we can assure that dotOS is the best Custom ROM. The ROM brings many features along with good battery backup and performance. As we said, this ROM is based on Android 11 R. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 11.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install dotOS on Redmi Note 8 Pro:
Make sure to read the instructions carefully before upgrading your Redmi Note 8 Pro to DotOS.
- Supported device: Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
- Make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more before doing any setup.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this custom firmware on Redmi Note 8 Pro
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- You should unlock the bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Download and Install Redmi Note 8 Pro TWRP Recovery.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and dotOS ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the dotOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the dotOS on Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia).
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the dotOS on Redmi Note 8 Pro. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for Redmi Note 8 Pro
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 Pro based on Android 10 Q
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8 Pro and root it easily
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Stock Firmware Collections [Android 10 Update Timeline]
- Common Problems in Redmi Note 8 Pro and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More