Sony Xperia 1 II (codename: pdx203) launched in February 2020. The phone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then you can try the latest Custom ROM called dotOS on Sony Xperia 1 II. The ROM is based on the latest AOSP Android 11 R. You can simply follow this guide to install the dotOS on Sony Xperia 1 II (pdx203).
If you would like to try dotOS on Sony Xperia 1 II device, then Unlock Bootloader and Install the latest TWRP Recovery. If you experience any error while installing, then please make sure to download the latest TWRP image to enjoy smooth installation. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about What is dotOS and their feature.
The Sony Xperia 1 II features 6.5 inches 4K QHD display with a resolution of 1644×3840 pixels at a pixel density of 643 pixels per inch (PPI) and an aspect ratio of 21:9. The display on the front with no obstructions like a notch or a punch-hole. Sony made good use of the top and bottom bezels since the phone has stereo front-firing speakers.
What is dotOS?
dotOS is a simple abbreviation of the term Droid On Time Operating System. It is developed by a community and team members: Ganesh Varma and Kuber Sharma. The ROM brings many new tweaks and features and also merged some features from Best Custom ROM.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called dotOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the dotOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then make sure to read our article about the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you already have a custom ROM on Sony Xperia 1 II, then we can assure that dotOS is the best Custom ROM. The ROM brings many features along with good battery backup and performance. As we said, this ROM is based on Android 11 R. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 11.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install dotOS on Sony Xperia 1 II:
Make sure to read the instructions carefully before upgrading your Sony Xperia 1 II to DotOS.
- Supported device: Sony Xperia 1 II (pdx203)
- Make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more before doing any setup.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Download and install Sony USB Drivers
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this custom firmware on Sony Xperia 1 II
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- You should unlock the bootloader on Sony Xperia 1 II.
- Download and Install Sony Xperia 1 II TWRP Recovery.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and dotOS ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the dotOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the dotOS on Sony Xperia 1 II (pdx203).
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the dotOS on Sony Xperia 1 II. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia 1 II and Root it
- Sony Xperia 1 II Guide: Flash XQ-AT51 Firmware File on XT-AT52
- List of Best Custom ROM for Sony Xperia 1 II [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Sony Xperia 1 II (Android 11)
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Sony Xperia 1 II