Last updated on April 9th, 2021 at 11:49 am
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (codename: nitrogen) launched in September 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then you can try the latest Custom ROM called dotOS on Xiaomi Mi Max 3. The ROM is based on the latest AOSP Android 11 R. You can simply follow this guide to install the dotOS on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (nitrogen).
If you would like to try dotOS on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 device, then Unlock Bootloader and Install the latest TWRP Recovery. If you experience any error while installing, then please make sure to download the latest TWRP image to enjoy smooth installation. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about What is dotOS and their feature.
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 features a 6.9 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 (14 nm) processor under Adreno 509 GPU. The handset packs 64/128GB variant with 4/6GB of RAM. Xiaomi Mi Max 3 sports a Dual rear camera with 12MP + 5MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 8MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo under MIUI 9.5 software package and backed by 5500 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the back.
What is dotOS?
dotOS is a simple abbreviation of the term Droid On Time Operating System. It is developed by a community and team members: Ganesh Varma and Kuber Sharma. The ROM brings many new tweaks and features and also merged some features from Best Custom ROM.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called dotOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the dotOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then make sure to read our article about the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you already have a custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max 3, then we can assure that dotOS is the best Custom ROM. The ROM brings many features along with good battery backup and performance. As we said, this ROM is based on Android 11 R. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 11.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install dotOS on Xiaomi Mi Max 3:
Make sure to read the instructions carefully before upgrading your Xiaomi Mi Max 3 to DotOS.
- Supported device: Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (nitrogen)
- Make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more before doing any setup.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this custom firmware on Xiaomi Mi Max 3
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- You should unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
- Download and Install Xiaomi Mi Max 3 TWRP Recovery.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and dotOS ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the dotOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the dotOS on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (nitrogen).
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the dotOS on Xiaomi Mi Max 3. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Xiaomi Mi Max 3
- Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi Max 3 [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (Android 11)
- How To Install Official TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Max 3 and Root Your Phone
- Common Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Stock Firmware Collections (Back to Stock ROM)