Xiaomi Poco X2 (codename: phoenix) launched in February 2020. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then you can try the latest Custom ROM called dotOS on Xiaomi Poco X2. The ROM is based on the latest AOSP Android 11 R. You can simply follow this guide to install the dotOS on Xiaomi Poco X2 (phoenix).
If you would like to try dotOS on Xiaomi Poco X2 device, then Unlock Bootloader and Install the latest TWRP Recovery. If you experience any error while installing, then please make sure to download the latest TWRP image to enjoy smooth installation. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about What is dotOS and their feature.
The Poco X2 comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels and features a 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10 support, 500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G SoC, paired with Adreno 618 GPU. The device packs 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage option. It runs on MIUI 11 on the top of Android 10 out-of-the-box.
Table of Contents
What is dotOS?
dotOS is a simple abbreviation of the term Droid On Time Operating System. It is developed by a community and team members: Ganesh Varma and Kuber Sharma. The ROM brings many new tweaks and features and also merged some features from Best Custom ROM.
Whether you are installing Custom ROM for the first time or you already installed any custom ROM on your phone. Then give a try on the latest Custom ROM called dotOS. The ROM brings many cool features and aims to deliver the best performance and stability. Yes! the developer behind the dotOS focuses on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of your device.
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then make sure to read our article about the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you already have a custom ROM on Xiaomi Poco X2, then we can assure that dotOS is the best Custom ROM. The ROM brings many features along with good battery backup and performance. As we said, this ROM is based on Android 11 R. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 11.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install dotOS on Xiaomi Poco X2:
Make sure to read the instructions carefully before upgrading your Xiaomi Poco X2 to DotOS.
- Supported device: Xiaomi Poco X2 (phoenix)
- Make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more before doing any setup.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this custom firmware on Xiaomi Poco X2
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- You should unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi Poco X2.
- Download and Install Xiaomi Poco X2 TWRP Recovery.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and dotOS ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the dotOS zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the dotOS on Xiaomi Poco X2 (phoenix).
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the dotOS on Xiaomi Poco X2. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Poco X2 [How to]
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Poco X2 based on Android 10
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for Redmi K30 / Poco X2
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Poco X2
- Xiaomi Poco X2 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Common Problems in Xiaomi Poco X2 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More