Providing the bug fixes and system improvements on its Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 variants, Samsung has finally released the Android 10 stable update for Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 with a pure stock experience. If in case, you’ve upgraded your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 device recently and facing any bugs or stability issues, then you’re in right place. Though the latest Android 10 update is quite stable, still it does have plenty of bugs that the users are facing. Now, you can downgrade Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 from Android 10 to 9.0 Pie version easily by following this step-by-step guide properly.
If you’ve fallen in love with the new Android 10 features or using it for a while, then you can wait for the next couple of updates to get it fixed. Otherwise, if you don’t like the new update or can’t deal with the issues/bugs, then you should revert to the Android 9.0 Pie version.
There are many reports from our users in Reddit and a couple of forums with regards to Android 10 stable update causes issues like battery draining, camera app issues, etc.
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2
- Model: ZB631KL
- Rollback Version: Android 10 (Q) to Android 9.0 Pie
- Rollback UI: 17.2018.1912.409 to 16.2017.1910.071
- Status: Official ROM
- Type: Rollback Firmware Package
- Changelog: This update will roll back the device Android version to 9.0 Pie.
If you haven’t received the latest stable Android 10 OTA update yet, then head to our guide on how to download and install Android 10 on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2.
Downgrade Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 from Android 10 to 9.0 Pie
Now, follow the full guide properly in order to downgrade your ZenFone Max Pro M2 model from Android 10 to Android 9.0 Pie officially.
- This rollback firmware is for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 model only.
- Maintain the device battery level up to 60% minimum.
- The firmware rollback process will wipe out all the data from your device. Make sure your device is backed up before going to the flashing process.
- Follow all the requirements properly and download all the files given below.
- First, make sure to download the rollback update package if not downloaded.
- Copy the FOTA file to the root directory of phone storage (outside of every folder).
- when you are done, switch off your smartphone.
- Once your device reboots, your phone will automatically detect the update file.
- Click on the notification and then select update now.
- It will now extract the package and update your ZenFone Max Pro M2 back to Android Pie.
- Wait for the update to complete, once it is done, your device will reboot and enjoy Android Pie.
We assume that you found this guide helpful and successfully downgraded your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 from Android 10 to 9.0 Pie.