Recently Samsung has released Android Nougat for Galaxy Note 5 N920G. Android 7.0 Nougat included the pack of features with performance improvements. For any reason, you didn’t like the features of Android Nougat on Galaxy Note 5 N920G you can easily revert back to Android Marshmallow. You can downgrade Galaxy Note 5 N920G to lower android version by simple and easy method. Check the below Step by Step guide to downgrade your device.
Many users are already tasting the sweetness of Android Nougat, But if you didn’t like Nougat for any reason, you could easily go back to Android Marshmallow with few clicks. In the below guide you will learn how to downgrade Galaxy Note 5 N920G to Android Marshmallow from Android Nougat and process is very simple. Follow the below steps to Downgrade the Galaxy Note 5 N920G to Android Marshmallow.
How to Downgrade Galaxy Note 5 N920G from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
- This Method is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920G users.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 60% or more.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible if you brick or damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Download the firmware files necessary from below.
- Read the steps carefully before proceeding.
- Remember this process may erase your data, So backup your data (No Root Required)
- Take a complete backup of your apps and then proceed.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install theSamsung USB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
Steps to Downgrade Galaxy Note 5 N920G from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
That’s ALL! When you restart your Phone , Your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will be running N920GUBS3BQC2 Marshmallow firmware. Enjoy! I hope you successfully downgraded Galaxy Note 5 to marshmallow from Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. Leave the feedback or comment down below.