In this post, I will guide you on How To Downgrade Moto X4 [payton] From Android 8.0 Oreo To Nougat (Rollback). Earlier we had shared the download link to download and install the latest sweet of Android OS Android 8.0 Oreo for Moto X4 with build number OPW27.57-40.
Well, if you didn’t know the feature of Android Oreo. Here is the quick recap: Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Now you can easily revert back to Android Nougat by following this guide. The Guide is simple and easy which will rollback your phone to Android Nougat from Android Oreo. To revert back to Android Nougat, you should download the ADB and Fastboot tool and USB Drivers on your computer.
Motorola launched the latest flagship device Moto X4 with Android Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. There are few who still care Android 7.1.1 Nougat update. So For any reason, if you didn’t like the features of Android Oreo on Moto X4 [payton] you can roll back anytime to Android Nougat. By this method, you can easily downgrade Moto X4 [payton] to lower android version anytime you want.
Steps to Downgrade Moto X4 from Android Oreo to Nougat
- This Method is only for Moto X4 [payton] users.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 60% or more.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible if you brick or damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Download the firmware files necessary from below.
- Read the steps carefully before proceeding.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows || Mac
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Install Moto X4 latest USB Drivers on your PC/Computer.
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader on your phone. (If your device is already unlocked, then skip this step.)
- Now Install and Setup the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Move the downloaded Moto X4 firmware to adb fastboot folder.
- Now boot your Moto X4 into bootloader mode by turning the phone off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your phone screen.
- Once you are in the bootloader menu.
- Connect your Moto X4 to PC using USB Cable
- Open the ADB Folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- In the adb folder, hold the SHIFT Key (keyboard) and click the Right-click button (mouse) on any empty screen inside the ADB Folder.
- You will be seeing this option to open the command window.
- Once you see the command screen, now you can type the below command one by one on your PC.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot reboot-bootloader mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin mfastboot flash dsp dspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7 mfastboot flash system_b system_other.img mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase carrier mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase ddr fastboot reboot
- Congrats, you have completed the process to Install Stock ROM Update on Moto X4.
I hope this guide was helpful to downgrade Moto X4 from Android Oreo. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave your comment down below.